Editors and Writers discussion

Affordable, professional editing services.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Hartigan (xterraweb) | 27 comments Hello, everyone. I offer an affordable, professional editing service. One of my goals when editing is to enhance and polish your manuscript while maintaining your voice and style.

New clients with manuscripts of 10,000 words or more receive a 10% discount. All clients receive a free 2,000-word sample edit, which determines the editing rate ($1.50 to $3.50 per page; 250 words = 1 page) and gives the client an example of my work. Payment arrangements are available.

If you'd like to request a free sample edit and/or have questions about me and my editing services, please visit my website at xterraweb.com, contact me via email at editor@xterraweb.com, or message me on XterraWeb's Facebook Page or Goodreads.

Thank you.

Kelly

message 2: by Martin (new)

Martin Rinehart Hi, Kelly.

I've copyedited my own work. Yeah, I know: fool's errand.

Maybe arrogant, but not ignorant. I'm a veteran of 15 non-fiction software how-to titles, 11 with big-name publishers and pro copy editors.

Would you like to take a look at a sample of my latest (erotic romance) and tell me that I really need your help?

MartinRinehart at gmail dot com

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Hartigan (xterraweb) | 27 comments Hi, Martin,

I'll send you an email, and we can talk more. If you'd like a sample edit, I'd be happy to provide you with one. As far as me telling you that you really need my help? I know we can all use a second set of eyes on our work in case we missed anything, but I believe the sample edit will speak for itself as to how much, if any, editing help you'd need.

message 4: by Martin (new)

Martin Rinehart Look for'd to it, Kelly.

Wouldn't mind a little discussion here, as I'm sure my fellow authors are both interested and confused.

What is a reasonable sample? How many errors will be uncovered in X words. Will you be 'by the book' and if so, by which book?

TIA.

By the by, working for a major one does not get to pick one's copy editor. I've had some that were terrible. Some were helpful and smooth.