What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Fantasy. Girl invited to religious gathering, meets pastor/leader there, they have sex, she gets pregnant. He might be an incubus? Read around 2006. Spoiler ahead.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Abby (new)

Abby Leal | 2 comments There are spoilers in this!!

I read this book in 6th grade (totally should not have been in my school's library) back in 2006ish. Definitely wasn't new then. Started out with a normal girl getting invited to a religious gathering by a friend. She met a guy there, he was a pastor or leader of some kind. They had sex and she got pregnant. I remember mentions of him being an incubus or something and some vivid imagery about that.

Don't remember much between that and the end, but at the end she falls off a cliff and dies. I want to say she may have been thinking about taking her life, decided not to, and slipped and fell on accident.

I really just want to find this so I can confirm that I didn't completely dream this book up because it's been a giant mystery in my life for more than a decade.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Abby ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 143 where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 4: by Abby (new)

Abby Leal | 2 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "When Darkness Calls?"

Ah, not the one but that does sound similar!! Thanks for your comment :)

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16177 comments How old was the girl in the story? Was she a high school student?

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33390 comments Mod
Abby, I added more details to the topic header/title, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

You can update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

- What's the genre: fantasy or horror, for adults or teens (=YA)?