Challenge Corner discussion

The Whisper Man
This topic is about The Whisper Man
Let's Buddy! - Horror/Thriller > The Whisper Man by Alex North -> Starting October 27th, 2019

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - added it

Alaina (ameserole) | 49657 comments Mod
In this dark, suspenseful thriller, Alex North weaves a multi-generational tale of a father and son caught in the crosshairs of an investigation to catch a serial killer preying on a small town.

After the sudden death of his wife, Tom Kennedy believes a fresh start will help him and his young son Jake heal. A new beginning, a new house, a new town. Featherbank.

But the town has a dark past. Twenty years ago, a serial killer abducted and murdered five residents. Until Frank Carter was finally caught, he was nicknamed "The Whisper Man," for he would lure his victims out by whispering at their windows at night.

Just as Tom and Jake settle into their new home, a young boy vanishes. His disappearance bears an unnerving resemblance to Frank Carter's crimes, reigniting old rumors that he preyed with an accomplice. Now, detectives Amanda Beck and Pete Willis must find the boy before it is too late, even if that means Pete has to revisit his great foe in prison: The Whisper Man.

And then Jake begins acting strangely. He hears a whispering at his window...

message 2: by Vicki (last edited Sep 15, 2019 03:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments I'm so excited to read this one! I went to my library today and she told me that someone else does have the book, but I am first in the queue after him/her. So when someone has a book that someone is waiting for they have to return it when it's due or pay a fine, so that means I should not have to wait for it more than 3 weeks. Ugh...I hate the wait!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments This freaking book STILL hasn't arrived at my library!!! Grrrrrrr

message 4: by Keri (new) - added it

Keri | 1834 comments I’m kinda glad it hasn’t arrived yet because I just got my copy so hopefully I can join when yours does come :-)
I wanted to read it in October anyway with fall and Halloween :-)
I turned notifications on so I can see if you comment yours is in.
I have PLENTY to read in the meantime as always lol...never ending TBR!

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - added it

Omg yes October read!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Well, now that I am in Cabo the book came in the DAY we got here or at least I got a message that day (actually Oct. 1) and we have 10 days to pick it up or they send it back. I'm going home on the 10th and won't be home in time to get it so I emailed them and hoping they don't send it back because God only knows how many people have it on hold. So fingers crossed!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Have either of you read the book yet?

message 8: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - added it

Nope, not yet.

message 9: by Keri (new) - added it

Keri | 1834 comments Me either lol

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments I thought I added my comments but maybe I finished when the computer was acting up. I'm sorry I don't have accurate chapters/%
Here we go...

(view spoiler)

Pete (view spoiler)

Tom (view spoiler)

Jake (view spoiler)

message 11: by Keri (new) - added it

Keri | 1834 comments Oh I didn’t even realize you had yours! I’m glad they were able to save it while you were gone!
I have my copy so I’ll get to it soon!

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - added it

Ooo same! I’ll update this thread to today’s date too

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3270 comments Thanks, I need to add my BR to challenges for the points too.