Austenesque Lovers TBR Challenge 2019 discussion

Recommendations by Topic > Austenesque Alphabet Challenge - Letter Z

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 512 comments I am trying to complete an Austenesque Alphabet Challenge but don't have any books on my TBR list with titles that start with the letter Z. Does anyone have any suggestions for Austenesque titles starting with Z?

message 2: by Anji (new)

Anji | 735 comments It's probably no help to you, Chelsea, but I haven't found any titles that satisfy this or X properly. I've had to resort to using titles that had those letters somewhere in the title rather than beginiing with them.

message 3: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 512 comments Anji wrote: "It's probably no help to you, Chelsea, but I haven't found any titles that satisfy this or X properly. I've had to resort to using titles that had those letters somewhere in the title rather than b..."

No problem, not many words start with these letters so it's kind of expected to need to get creative with them.

message 4: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1252 comments Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies has a Z in the title but not the first word. Not sure if this helps or not.

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 512 comments J. W. wrote: "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies has a Z in the title but not the first word. Not sure if this helps or not."

It could apply but unfortunately I am not sure I want to read a zombie book. I enjoy some paranormal books but don't like gore and if it goes too dark and creepy I start getting paranoid at night.

message 6: by J. W. (new)

J. W. Garrett (jeannewallacegarrett) | 1252 comments I don't blame you. I refused to read it nor did I watch the movie. NOT for me. No way, no how!!

message 7: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (crystal_dark) | 512 comments J. W. wrote: "I don't blame you. I refused to read it nor did I watch the movie. NOT for me. No way, no how!!"

I never watched it either, I don't think I ever even saw a whole trailer for it.

message 8: by Anji (new)

Anji | 735 comments I actually had P&P&Z for my Z choice last year, listening to the audiobook version. I've also seen the film and, to me, this is one of those rare occasions where the film was better than the book! The book was OK, I guess but I'm glad I listened to the audio version rather than reading it, as I liked the performance more than I enjoyed the story, which is also quite rare for me. I've not felt the need to read the sequels.

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary Pagones I saw it but didn't read it, since I too heard the film was much better than the book. I think it had great potential to be much funnier than it was, but while I liked the visual aesthetic, I thought the joke wore thin about thirty minutes into the film. Kind of like one of those Saturday Night Live Sketches that would be great if it was two minutes long but lasts twenty.

Matt Smith was phenomenal, though. I wish he'd been given more to do.