What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Horror? It was about this monster that pressed people to death literally

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Flavia (new)

Flavia Chang | 3 comments I started reading this book around 2007. It was about this boy who was an apprentice monster hunter I think. He lived in a house with his master(?) and a bogart that took care of the house and did chores. One day the bogart got injured and the breakfast it made tasted awful. They had to pretend that the breakfast was good to avoid hurting its feelings. There was this monster thing that would kill people by "pressing them thin". I think it started out as an emotional thing. Draining them of all hope until they were emotionally pulled thin. Then it would press their body flat under an intense weight. The boy had a good friend thst was female. She became friends with a witch. She took up an apprenticeship from the witch. The girl began to become evil and she couldn't cross running water anymore. The boy was really distressed by this. I never finished the book as it went missing. I'd like to finish it.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Children's, YA or adult?

message 3: by Flavia (new)

Flavia Chang | 3 comments Definitely adult or YA.

message 4: by Sam (new)

Sam Fldmin | 18 comments Man, this book sounds familiar. Is it related to the 13 Treasures series? Or the same author?

message 5: by Flavia (new)

Flavia Chang | 3 comments I don't think so? I googled her and her oldest book seems to be from 2010. I started this book in 2007

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

13 Treasures (other topics)