What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Illustrated Hans Christian Andersen
SOLVED: Children's/YA > [SOLVED] Children's/Collection of Fairy Tales Book with pictures [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cynthia (new) - added it

Cynthia | 181 comments I read this book in Elementary School so around 2008-2009. The book was really beautiful with a sky blue cover - Hardback without a dust jacket - and had gold pages. It was pretty big, about an inch thick. Every page was fully illustrated and beautiful and every chapter told a different fairy tale story. The first and only one I can remember is Princess and the Pea. There may have also been a story about Rapunzel in there with a crow but I can't remember. I would recognize the book and the pictures if I saw it but I can't find it even though I have checked my Elementary School's online library system. Hoping somebody here could help.

message 2: by Cynthia (new) - added it

Cynthia | 181 comments Bump

message 3: by Cynthia (new) - added it

Cynthia | 181 comments Bump

Kimber (Kimberlibri) | 158 comments Could it be Mother Goose Treasury Mother Goose Treasury (Padded Treasury) by Publications International Ltd.? It has a 'padded' and non-padded versions, gold edges on the pages and fully illustrated.

message 5: by Kris (last edited Oct 19, 2014 01:37PM) (new)

Kris | 16127 comments Mod
The Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Andersen by Hans Christian Andersen? The Fairy Tales of Hans Christian Andersen by Hans Christian Andersen

Cynthia, how would you describe the illustrations - whimsical/cartoon-like, realistic, very detailed, darkish or bright/sunny colors, etc?

message 6: by Cynthia (new) - added it

Cynthia | 181 comments The Illustrations were definitely very detailed with lots of bright colors and patterns. I would say it was whimsical but realistic. The book you showed @Kris is kind of similar because I can remember there being 2 pieces of ribbon but that's about the only similarity.

message 7: by Cynthia (new) - added it

Cynthia | 181 comments I think I may have found it actually... It could be Illustrated Hans Christian Andersen by Hans Christian Andersen but I'm not positive. I was able to read some of it on Amazon and the illustrations looked SO familiar but it cuts off right at the part that is burned into my memory that I remember the most.

message 8: by Kris (new)

If it's the images of the Princess and the Pea that you remember most, try searching images.google.com with these keywords:

Usborne Illustrated Hans Christian Andersen's Fairy Tales princess pea

message 9: by Cynthia (new) - added it

Cynthia | 181 comments I'm about 85% sure this is the book so I'll call this one solved :) Thank you for your help!

message 10: by Kris (new)

Glad we could help. :) It looks like a beautiful picture book.