Big Ass Book Club discussion

2019 Big Ass Books > Mage's Blood by: David Hair | October 2019

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cass (last edited Sep 17, 2019 04:12PM) (new)

Cass Burton (cassburton) | 49 comments Mod
The general discussion thread for the October 2019 Big Ass Book.

Reading Schedule
Oct. 1 - Oct. 8: Prologue - Chapter 10
Oct. 9 - Oct. 15: Chapter 11 - Chapter 20
Oct. 16 - Oct. 22: Chapter 21 - Chapter 30
Oct. 23 - Oct. 31: Chapter 31 - Epilogue

**Please feel free to read at your own pace. This is just to give a guideline to people who would like a breakdown or reading schedule.

message 2: by Agnes (last edited Sep 14, 2019 07:56AM) (new)

Agnes | 20 comments Lucky! It's one that I have gotten my hands on and want to read! :D
Placed on October TBR

message 3: by Julián (new)

Julián (julianvm) :( oh, I don't have chances to get that book. What can I do if that is the case? I can't participate in the discussion until next month. I can read other books in the list, meanwhile, but I won't be able to comment. Will it be just one book per month, right?

message 4: by Cass (new)

Feel free to read another book from the list if you want, and you should be able to easily avoid spoilers since I created a separate thread for that!

message 5: by christea (new)

christea (anyoneforbooks) Ooh, I happen to own a hardcover of this one! And it is indeed one big ass book.

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen I won’t be able to read that one so I guess I’ll choose another from the list ?

message 7: by Nadine (new)

Nadine (nanasfantasticreads) | 1 comments I'll definitely be joining! the whole series has been on my TBR forever.

message 8: by Jenny (last edited Sep 15, 2019 12:28PM) (new)

Jenny | 3 comments Yea! I already have this one and will be joining in. So excited to finally get thru some of these big books that I keep pushing aside due to feeling overwhelmed with them.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen I was able to get the book on my kindle so will be reading with you as well !

message 10: by Larissa (new)

Larissa | 9 comments Well I did not have this one on my TBR. But it sounds interesting, which is why I just bought the audio book. So I‘m starting this by adding to my TBR pile instead of reducing it. Why am I not surprised?

message 11: by Arlene (new)

Arlene (arlene131) | 5 comments I did not get the announcement but guess since this thread is here, this is the name of the book. Not one I have and would not get in time. Where is the reading schedule so I can prepare for November?

message 12: by Noes (new)

Noes | 3 comments So excited for this! Will the reading schedule be in pages or chapters? There can be differences in how far in the story you are in the English and translated versions (in the language where I am going to read it, they split the book in two lol).

message 13: by Cass (new)

Noes wrote: "So excited for this! Will the reading schedule be in pages or chapters? There can be differences in how far in the story you are in the English and translated versions (in the language where I am g..."

My plan was to split up the reading schedule by chapter so the different versions can all follow along!

message 14: by Alison (new)

Alison Mia (veracava) | 5 comments Hiya! Has anyone started yet? I’m up to Chapter 4 so far!

message 15: by Agnes (new)

Agnes | 20 comments Alison wrote: "Hiya! Has anyone started yet? I’m up to Chapter 4 so far!"

I'm at chapter 3 :D

message 16: by Larissa (new)

Larissa | 9 comments I got an early start, because I'm a slow reader. I'm at chapter 20 now.

message 17: by Cass (new)

Roll call!!

Which page are you on?

message 18: by Agnes (new)

Agnes | 20 comments Cass wrote: "Roll call!!

Which page are you on?"

Finished chapter 10, and taking a break reading another, even bigger book (Way of Kings)... because I do not have enough to read this month... :D

I love this story so far. So glad I got a nudge to start it!

message 19: by Alison (new)

Alison Mia (veracava) | 5 comments I’m on page 218! I’m getting in to the story now, hoping to smash out a bunch of pages this weekend. How is everyone liking it?

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 10 comments I'm on page 20.. I got overwhelmed by my TBR so I decided to just wait for the long weekend this weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving) to start it and really get into the story :)

message 21: by Nichole (new)

Nichole Cass wrote: "Roll call!!

Which page are you on?"

I'm on chapter 15. I am loving it so far.

message 22: by Larissa (new)

Larissa | 9 comments I just started chapter 21. Over all I like the story so far. There is just one character that I don‘t like but the others are interesting.

message 23: by Julia (new)

Julia Gulley So I'm way behind, just started this week. Finished chapter 4 last night and it hasn't grabbed me yet.....will continue to plug on and hope to finish this by the end of the month.

message 24: by Cass (new)

Hi Everyone!!

I'm posting this on the non-spoilers thread because it seems like the best spot. I had quite the crazy last month, and haven't gotten a chance to think about how we wanted to do a wrap-up discussion on this book. I'm open to hearing any thoughts you have on the best platform.

I was going to post a video on it, but it doesn't seem to be the most interactive. If we do a live show at the end of each book, are there any formats you have seen on live shows before that you like? If we did one, the live show would likely be on a weekend, during the day CST to incorporate as many timezones as we can.

Let me know what y'all think!

message 25: by Agnes (new)

Agnes | 20 comments Cass wrote: "Hi Everyone!!

I'm posting this on the non-spoilers thread because it seems like the best spot. I had quite the crazy last month, and haven't gotten a chance to think about how we wanted to do a wr..."

Maybe a discussion on a site like discord? The youtube liveshows have the chat scrolling in such a way that it's difficult to check previous comments, imo.