What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA fantasy/nonfiction father is the devil in disguise of a homeless man the mother is an angel two children girl and boy mother tells children that she is their grandmother

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Niknaks (new)

Niknaks | 3 comments Two siblings live with their "great grandma" whose actually her grandma mother who says she is their grandmother, but the end of the book she ends up telling the children that she really is their mother.. father is homeless and lives on the streets, but in all actuality he is only disguising himself for he is the devil. Their mother is an angel. The sister of the siblings is very gifted.. the sister is older then probably around 12-13 while the brother is about 10-11. I remember in the book the grandmother and the two siblings go into the city and see their father homeless and the grandmother tells them not to look at him or even acknowledge his presenc

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments When did you read it?

message 3: by Niknaks (new)

Niknaks | 3 comments 2013??maybe 2014?

message 4: by Justanotherbiblophile (last edited Oct 18, 2019 09:40AM) (new)

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments _Mortal Coils_ - And I have bad news for you. The publisher kept rights, didn't promote, and doesn't want the end of the trilogy to happen. Author has offered advance(s) back, to get control of series (and promote it correctly) - no dice.

A most excellent 2 book start of a trilogy - but don't start unless you want your heart broken at our society failing to let the good things happen (unless I run into a pile of money, and leverage to force a publishing house to sell the rights...)

I've been working on an excerpt, in my ramblings page. I guess I shall post what I have, even though it is not done.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Damn post limits. I've got the start of the fight scene, but haven't typed the rest up. Also of note, the writing is so good that you don't even notice the grammatical errors/spelling errors until you try and type it up, word-for-word. And that is fricking amazing to me.

message 5: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5205 comments Mortal Coils for the link.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mortal Coils (other topics)