Support for Indie Authors discussion

Marketing Tactics > Freelance services for book launch

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 49 comments I recently paid for a book trailer on fiverr. I don't know if this will be helpful, but I felt it was worth a shot.

Has anyone found any freelance services to be helpful for book marketing or for a book launch?

I am not talking about cover design, formatting, editing, etc. I am talking about services after the book is completed.

message 2: by Frank (new)

Frank Kelso (frank_kelso) | 31 comments I used a fiverr contractor to edit video of western action/gunfight scenes I had written permission to shoot on a movie set.
I asked him to edit to short 15-sec clips (the length FB allows for ads) and overlay blurb lines on screen and background music. (FB won't use it w/o sound).
If you go to YouTube and search my name (not the Admiral Frank Kelso) you'll find my trailers. Typical cost $10 when I furnish background videos. Fiverr guys edits a clean clip I specify on scene clock. This way, I'm picking the scene and the on-screen blurb for trailer. I reuse scenes and change the blurb for new ads.
Obviously, I write westerns, but the action shots draw the eye and I get lots of clicks. I use FB pixel and re-targeting to turn those cold calls into book sales.
Go to fiverr and search under "trailers." There are a lot of people doing this type of work.

message 3: by Brandon (new)

Brandon | 49 comments Very cool Frank. I saw some of your videos. I don't think that exact tactic would work for me though given my genre.