Reading 1001 discussion

The Little Prince
This topic is about The Little Prince
1001 book reviews > The Little Prince

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kristel (kristelh) | 3833 comments Mod
Read 2013,
This book published in the United States in 1943 and France in 1944, by the French aristocrat, writer, poet and aviator while exiled in the United States after the fall of France. The story is a tale of loneliness, friendship, love and loss. The little prince has fallen to the Earth. He finds a downed pilot stranded in the desert without much water. A situation that had actually occurred in the author’s life. The story is set in the Sahara. The story addresses one’s life and how you choose to spend it. A key message is delivered by the fox. “you become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed” and “It is the time you have devoted to your rose that makes your rose so important.”

It took me a long time to finally get to this novella, children’s story with an adult message and social commentary but it was worth the read and I enjoyed learning about the history as much as reading the book. A delightful story of about staying connected to our inner child.

Diane Zwang | 1192 comments Mod
4 stars Read in 2013

I did a buddy read with my son who would have been 10 at the time. Didn't write a review though.