Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Are you the best Beta for the job?! YA Contemporary/Realistic Fiction (97K)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara Powell | 7 comments Hi all,

I’m looking for a Beta Reader for my completed novel ‘Given Up’. It is ultimately about how a teenager deals with the death of his mother by suicide. I’ve had about 5K reads on Wattpad but was looking for some critique to help me determine whether it is worth fully re-editing it etc. I am looking for input into plot (is it realistic), flow (does it slow at any point, if yes, where and why?), character arcs etc.

Here is the blurb I have on Wattpad. The blurb needs more work but might help you determine if you are interested in beta reading.

——

Fifteen-year-old Kyle Clark just wants to be left alone.

No one seems to have gotten the memo.

Everyone just wants him to talk about his Mum: his friends, his teachers and definitely his long lost Auntie that he now has to live with.

He tries to hide but manages to be pulled into a friendship with a new girl at school, Cassie. She is passionate about dancing and it reminds him of his love for Karate.

But that was his old life: Karate has too many bad memories for him now.

A friend he made in foster care, Diego, helps him forget the past, but he has his own secrets too.

As Kyle battles with the past, and how he fits into the world now, will he learn to trust again?

———

Any questions, please ask!

message 2: by Anonymous (new)

Anonymous  (transience007) | 20 comments Hey Tara,
I like your blurb and I would love to beta read your book. If you are interested drop me an email at:
dobrev.elena.22.07@gmail.com

Reesh

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara Powell | 7 comments Reesh wrote: "Hey Tara,
I like your blurb and I would love to beta read your book. If you are interested drop me an email at:
dobrev.elena.22.07@gmail.com

Reesh"

Great, I have just sent you an email