What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Historical Romance. Sisters with paranormal abilities - see ghosts, future, read minds. Mindreader is intimate with sailing man. Murder, one of them gets framed.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new)

James Rutledge I read this book a few years ago about the group of sisters that have abilities. One could see ghosts, one could see the future a bit, and one could read minds. I think the one I want is about the latter, mind reader. She helps this man who likes to sail, catalog his antiques and furnishes.

They of course get intimate and they refer to it as "sailing", There is a murder and one of them gets framed for it. As well as the sister who sees ghosts, gets possessed or something, and the love interest sings a native horse song to calm her down.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
A series, then?
Where and when is it set?
Cover?
Author's gender?

message 3: by James (new)

James Rutledge author is female. I'm not sure when it's set but it's probably around the 1800s as girls were still looked down upon. it's set on an island. I think it's a series but only read the one. I also remember the man using grapes on her nibbles. sorry for tmi.

message 4: by James (new)

James Rutledge also I think he had traveled for condoms which were new at that time and some kind of powder that inflamed the feelings to intense.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32040 comments Mod
James, who is murdered? (Spoilers are okay - just give us a clear warning before revealing a spoiler.)

message 6: by James (new)

James Rutledge Its some random person on the street. Shoved in front of a carriage.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32040 comments Mod
Does one book cover all three(?) sisters, or is this a series with one book per sister?

Can you tell us more about each couple, how they met, their jobs/skills, rich/poor/families, etc.?