Play Book Tag discussion

Red Zone
This topic is about Red Zone
Archive: Other Books > Red Zone by Tiki and Ronde Barber, 4.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8842 comments I'm not even going to try to pull of "sports culture" as an extra point for this book. That would be way out of the intention of the scope.

Another five stars for this beautiful series of Tiki and Ronde Barber books, this one Red Zone, meant for pre-teens. I don't even care or understand one whit about football. But this book is about values, man! And these books make me cry again and again. "You're moved, Mom!" My nine year old is squealing! Yes I am, so you're going to have to finish it. And who is the MVP of the book? Geraldine Barber, who teaches her sons to play proud and play kind, no matter what the obstacles. Who teaches true leadership and resilience, and who raised such fine men, and on her own, without a dime to spare! Nicely done! One more in the series left to go!

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments I love the Barbers. Great football players, smart men, and great people.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 8842 comments I agree! So many wonderful values evident even in middle school! Turns out Red Zone was the last in the series. I’m sorry it ended!