What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Murder Mystery/Thriller about Detective that is trying to find a killer that murders models

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Dougherty | 1 comments I remember reading this book when I was younger (about 10-20 years ago) about a detective that was trying to solve murders of models who were posed like works of art. I think one of them was posed like Boticellis Birth of Venus and she had a shell in her....lady parts. I remember it seeming like it was a race against time to solve it. Also remember that the murderer liked to pose as a photographer to get these models to "trust" him. He would kill them, then he would hang them up in the shower and drain them of their blood. I know it's really dark, but I actually loved the mystery part of it. If anyone could help that would be awesome! For some odd reason I keep thinking the book is called Still Life, but I've tried searching it and always come up empty handed.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32072 comments Mod
Lindsey, can you tell us more about the detective - e.g., gender, hometown (London/New York/etc.), marital status, personality, etc.? British or American?

A few guesses:
- By Reason of Insanity by James Neal Harvey?
- The Art of Murder by José Carlos Somoza?