What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Maybe a horror book involving a young man befriending an albino girl. Possible spoilers.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russell (new)

Russell | 2 comments I read this book sometime around 92-95. I remember there was a boy, maybe early to mid teen. Him and his mother had moved to a cabin in the woods or maybe in the remote countryside with woods behind the property. He was exploring the woods one day where he came across a lake and saw an albino girl, presumably around the same age, she was either bathing or swimming in the lake. They eventually became friends. I seem to remember her father was creepy and weird and very possessive of her. I think he had somehow bound the ghost of his wife to the girl's body. At the end of the book I remember a scene with the boy and girl at the shore of the lake or maybe a beach and she was running towards the water, she collapsed but the ghost continued running.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32062 comments Mod
Russell, is this book for teens (young adults) or older adults?

What's the location (country/region)?

message 3: by Russell (new)

Russell | 2 comments I want to say it is for older adults. If I remember there might have been a scene describing the girl being nude and I don't think that would fall into YA category. I'm assuming it happens in America and probably somewhere in the south but there's no guarantee that I'm right about that.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Russell ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 92 from two months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!