What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Down the Rabbit Hole (Echo Falls, #1)
This topic is about Down the Rabbit Hole
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA mystery, female protagonist had red soccer shoes. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by meg (new)

meg (voles4women) | 16 comments I read this in the US sometime between 2008 and 2012, and I believe it was published approximately around that time. It was a mystery but I don't remember if it was a murder or a theft or something else. The main character was a middle or high school girl who played soccer and loved the color red and specifically had red Puma soccer cleats. This was somehow a plot point? I think at the end of the book the girl was kidnapped and put in the trunk of a car.

It took place in a small town, I think somewhere in New England, and I think it was possibly a former Mill town? I think a waterfall/river was a plot point as well, or maybe the town name had "falls" in it and this was part of the book title. I'm almost positive there was a sequel that came out in roughly the same 2008-2012 time period but I remember even less of that one. I also think the author was a man but I don't remember why I think that. Sorry this is so vague!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
meg ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 95 from two months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 3: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1220 comments A book surprisingly came up searching young adult mystery novel "red" "soccer":
Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams (Book 1 of the Echo Falls Series).

I hope this is it! There are many similarities with your description!

message 4: by meg (new)

meg (voles4women) | 16 comments oh this is definitely it! thank you!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Down the Rabbit Hole (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Peter Abrahams (other topics)