Tudor History Lovers discussion

The Turbulent Crown: The Story of the Tudor Queens
This topic is about The Turbulent Crown
Group Reads > October 2019 - The Turbulent Crown, by Roland Hui

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susanna - Censored by GoodReads, Mod #4 (last edited Sep 12, 2019 11:14AM) (new)

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments Our October 2019 Group Read is The Turbulent Crown: The Story of the Tudor Queens by Roland Hui.

This group biography of all ten Tudor queens, regnant and consort, was published in 2017, and should be widely available in bookstores and libraries. It seems to be available in two formats, ebook and paperback.

Arwen | 51 comments I found it in audiobook too.
This book seems to be extremely interesting, I can't wait to start reading/listening!

message 3: by Shanequa (new)

Shanequa (cameoutbesotted) | 15 comments I'm gonna start this today. I'm particularly excited for the Elizabeth of York part because of all the Tudor queens she is the one I am least familiar with. So I'm excited this group is giving me a chance to expand a bit.

William Whalen | 59 comments Yeah, I know this entry is somewhat late, as it is now mid-November. As I am broke most of the time (pursuing my disability), I rely on the library for much of our readings. Unfortunately, the Michigan library system did not have this book. Around mid-September, I requested the purchase of this tome and it finally arrived today along with "Blood Sisters" next month's book (it's not official but looking at the votes, it is a foregone conclusion). So I will lay catch and get ahead of the game at the same time. In addition, Michiganders will now have easier access to "The Turbulent Crown."

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1903 comments Comments are always welcome on these threads - that's why I leave them open.