Seven Thrills discussion

Coming ... Eventually!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tim (new)

Tim (timcampbell) | 13 comments Mod
I promised yesterday that I'd be back today and here I am. This time we're starting a place where you as a writer can publish projects you're currently working on or as a reader, projects you wish someone would write about. Let us here from everyone.

message 2: by Tim (new)

I have no shame with self-promotion. My dad always taught me that it's a poor dog that won't wag his own tail! I'm going to wag my tale right now! Did you notice that little punny thing I did there? :)

message 3: by Tim (new)

I have a series of novels that share some basic in necessary characters. The series is The Fire-Frost International series. First novel published in that series was All's Fair. It's available almost everywhere. It starts the whole shebang. In this tale we meet Curt Donovan, Ben Coulter and Allison Merryweather. When Allison is abducted by pirates, it is the efforts of the FFI that will save her and the beginning of a long relationship with the organization

message 4: by Tim (new)

Oh no! It's him again! Yep. Today, I'll mention the second novel in the Fire-Frost International series. It takes up right after All's Fair ends. It is partly about justice for what happened in the first book and the further development of Ben Coulter's and Allison Merryweather's involvement in the organization. The title of this one is What Goes Around and is available on Amazon for sure and other places as well.

message 5: by Wmba (new)

Wmba Dams | 8 comments Congratulations on finishing and publishing.
Where/How was it published?
Wag that tale! and provide links to it there.

message 6: by Tim (new)

Here is the link for All's Fair:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...
And for What Goes Around: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...

message 7: by Tim (new)

Yeah, yeah, I know, I've missed a few days. But I am back today and with another title to share. This one is a different genre altogether. It is a contemporary fantasy. Nope, no vampires but it does have a ghost as a major character. It is titled Mourning Melody and while is is fiction, it is based on a true story as a starter. Melody died in an automobile accident the weekend after high school graduation. It was a hot summer day and she was lucky enough to be with the captain of the football team, not as his date, but in the back seat of his convertible with some other jock friend of the star, who is at the wheel. Melody the cheerleader was a genuinely pretty petite blonde with cobalt blue eyes and a sweet disposition. She never much cared for the football or basketball players, but she loved convertibles. On that fateful day it will be the death of her. Some twenty years later, Keagan Port, the really smart kid (the geek before they became popular) in that same graduating class is no longer living in the shadows. Sure, he’s still a really quiet and private person, but he’s gotten a lot of exposure since high school. Sadly it is Keagan who is still mourning Melody. Having had a crush on her since fifth grade, he never quite got over her death. When he returns for the twenty year high school reunion, it is Melody who will change his life forever.

message 8: by Tim (new)

One of the things we cannot avoid as writers, well, most of us can't avoid, is the ever evil process of editing. Now if you can afford it, or if you just have money to burn, you can hire someone else to do that part of the job. But they don't know the characters or the feeling of the tale you're telling. I do my own.
And that is what I've been doing for the past few days, editing a manuscript that I've been putting off for over a month. It's like having math homework that just won't go away. So, maybe tomorrow I'll post something interesting. See ya!

message 9: by Wmba (new)

Wmba Dams | 8 comments Tim wrote: "One of the things we cannot avoid as writers, well, most of us can't avoid, is the ever evil process of editing. Now if you can afford it, or if you just have money to burn, you can hire someone el..."

There are 5 levels of editing. Not everybody can structure a good story at the development edit level. Everybody misses SPAG errors at the low level unless they let the mss sit for a long time then go over it after they have forgotten the story.

Anyone who does not hire an editor to do a final sanity check and to proofread will usually miss a number of problems. And this has nothing to do with characters or the tale.

I would DIY everything for a self published book except forgo an edit by a true professional editor.

Nobody needs a cover designer but everyone would benefit from an independent editor.