What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Adult Book, Post-Apocalyptic, erotica a young woman, a survivor of the apocalypse, hearing on the radio about another survivor who became some kind of icon, and he might even be the leader of a city of survivors.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (waffletastics) | 19 comments A friend of mine read an excerpt of a book a few years ago and wants to read the book now. Thing is, as it was an excerpt, there aren't many details she remembers.

The book is some kind of erotica.
It is about a young woman, a survivor of the apocalypse, hearing on the radio about another survivor who became some kind of icon, and he might even be the leader of a city of survivors.
When she gets there she is being frisked for listening or tracking devices.
That's all my friend remembers

I hope this isn't inapropriate. If I need to but a warning in the header please tell me.

Thank you in advance

message 2: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (waffletastics) | 19 comments bump

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Kristina, what's the disaster (e.g., nuclear war, virus, zombies, EMP electromagnetic pulse)?

At the start, is the heroine living alone? Where is she (country/region/city/small town)?

message 4: by Blue (new)

Blue | 834 comments This sounds somewhat similar to a Kylie Scott book except the girl was "sold" to the man.

Flesh

Skin

message 5: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (waffletastics) | 19 comments Kris wrote: "Kristina, what's the disaster (e.g., nuclear war, virus, zombies, EMP electromagnetic pulse)?

At the start, is the heroine living alone? Where is she (country/region/city/small town)?"

my friend thinks it was an alien evasion of some sort.

and the mc might not have been alone in the beginning. there might have been a scene in the beginning where the mc and another survivor - her friend - where in an abandoned apartment. but then one or two of the aliens came and the two women fought them - the friend might be dead or 'just' compromised.

it is set in the usa as far as my friend remembers

message 6: by Corinne (new)

Corinne (hms_beagle) | 34 comments It sounds a little bit like The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1) by Joe Hart , but I'm not sure this is the one you're searching for.

message 7: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (waffletastics) | 19 comments Blue wrote: "This sounds somewhat similar to a Kylie Scott book except the girl was "sold" to the man.

Flesh

Skin"

no, thats not it.
my friend clearly remembers, the mc going to the male mc of her own free will.
but once at the city of survivors the male mc built - or just kind of keeps together - she was held prisoner for a short time. they wanted to make sure, she wasn't compromised by the aliens.

wether being compromised is some sort of infection or something different, she doen't remember

message 8: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (waffletastics) | 19 comments Corinne wrote: "It sounds a little bit like The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1) by Joe Hart, but I'm not sure this is the one you're searching for."

No, that's not it

message 9: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (waffletastics) | 19 comments Bump

message 10: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Marquis | 219 comments Well, not my thing, really, but Googling gets me Ann of the Apocalypse by Virginia Wade?