The Corner Bar & Social Club discussion

Patriotism > 9/11

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert, Bartender (new)

Robert Roberts (goodreadscomrobertroberts) | 129 comments Mod
It's been eighteen years since 9/11, and as a nation, I'm afraid we have learned nothing.

message 2: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 129 comments Sometimes it seems like 9/11 was just yesterday.

message 3: by GERALDINE (new)

GERALDINE | 62 comments What things do you think we should have learned from 9/11 that we did not learn?

message 4: by Robert, Bartender (new)

Well for starters, how about a composite vetting system of who comes into our country. Also, lf you have overstayed your visa you should be rounded up and be deported.If your here on a college visa, rthen the college should frequently verify that you are still enrolled.

message 5: by GERALDINE (new)

GERALDINE | 62 comments Yes our government made a mess of how immigration is handled.

message 6: by GERALDINE (new)

GERALDINE | 62 comments Tell me more—-what other things have we not learned from 9/11

message 7: by Robert, Bartender (new)

Keep our noses out of other countries affairs. Stop trying to police the world.

message 8: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 129 comments I agree with everything you stated Robert.

message 9: by GERALDINE (new)

GERALDINE | 62 comments Watching the 20th anniversary of 9 11 on tv—-President Bush just gave a beautiful speech. I remember how we all rallied around with him as our leader at the time…Democrats as well as Republicans…

message 10: by Robert, Bartender (new)

I don't think any of us will forget 9/11, I just don't want to relive it all day and night on tv every year. That's me though.

message 11: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 129 comments 9/11 is a day that no one will forget. It’s a day that this country came together as one. President Bush’s speech today was beautiful.