Bambino Books discussion

Be Prepared
This topic is about Be Prepared
Book Discussions > Sept Pick: Be Prepared

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by La Quinta (last edited Sep 11, 2019 03:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

La Quinta Public Library (laquintapl) | 13 comments Mod
Have you started reading it? I haven't but will in the next week or so!

So clearly from the cover, it looks like it's about time at summer camp. Have you been to a camp before? The closest I've been to a summer camp is watching the Lindsay Lohan version of Parent Trap. If you have, and are willing, share some fun stories of camp!

- Jade

La Quinta Public Library (laquintapl) | 13 comments Mod
This book was so much fun! I hope you got a chance to read it this month. I love Vera Brosgol's art. I'm a big fan of her first book, Anya's Ghost, which I highly recommend!

What did you think about this one? I think it's a great reminder for anyone, not just kids, about not stressing over trying to live up to people's expectations. And also if something doesn't live up to your expectations, it's okay and you should make the most of it! At least that's what I got out of this book. Does it make you want to go camping? It makes me intrigued but I feel like I would be like Vera and maybe over pack.

And the title! I just love the title. It's like be prepared for anything. Good or bad. Just know things will happen that may or may not be out of your control and that's okay, you'll get past it and hopefully learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!