What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Crystal Pool (Kernowland, #1)
This topic is about The Crystal Pool
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Children's book. Holiday in Cornwall. Cave and pirates. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tara (new)

Tara | 2 comments It's a book I read in primary school in the early 2000's about I believe siblings one boy and one girl who are on holiday in Cornwall. they get told a story about a cave and go to it then travel to a 'fantasy' world with pirates and child kidnapping. I believe the world starts with a 'c' or 'k'. Its also so part of a trilogy but just looking for the first book.

message 2: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1164 comments Hi! A moderator will explain better but you should always add details of your book to the header. If you can edit it please add something like "Children's book. Holiday in Cornwall. Cave and pirates" instead of "book read in primary school" so that other people might recognize it. Thanks!

Searching "children's book" "holiday in cornwall" "cave" "pirates" this book came up:
The Crystal Pool by Jack Trelawny. Book 1 was published in 2005 and there are 6 books in the series.
"Tizzie and Louis are on holiday in Cornwall. When they arrive at the beach, they go off exploring and discover a cave - rather a magical cave as it turns out, and they soon find themselves in Kernowland where they come across some weird and not-so-wonderful characters. After being attacked by giant climbing crabs, they have the great misfortune to meet the nasty Melanchol Drym, the fearsome Cap'n Pigleg, the slimy Mr and Mrs Maggitt, and the none-too-nice Brazilian brainboiler tree - to mention just a few"

message 3: by Tara (new)

Tara | 2 comments Mai wrote: "Hi! A moderator will explain better but you should always add details of your book to the header. If you can edit it please add something like "Children's book. Holiday in Cornwall. Cave and pirate..."

Thank you thats is the book I was looking for and I will do better with the title next time.
Thank you so much

message 4: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1164 comments You're welcome! I'm glad this is the book you were looking for!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Crystal Pool (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jack Trelawny (other topics)