Support for Indie Authors discussion

Cover Workshop > Cover Help - Fantasy - One of Us

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.L. (last edited Sep 11, 2019 10:09AM) (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Hi - thoughts please! on this cover. Thanks!

bk ch hlt reg -72dpi-1500x2000

message 2: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4278 comments Mod
I try to be critical on blurbs and covers, but this one... is quite nice. I love the color pallet you chose. The images are a bit cliched, but it works. I think they'll draw in the audience I assume you're going for.

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 968 comments Very nice. I really like it. Good luck! Hugs

message 4: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Thanks Dwayne and Sam, appreciate it! I love fall colors too; the story starts in the fall. :)

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger) (sammydogs) | 968 comments Then it goes well. However, I'm having second thoughts about all the white in the middle... maybe not so much? If it's to be sky above the town, how about a light blue dusting there instead? Just a bit from the town almost up to the title?

message 6: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Thanks Sam, definitely a consideration!

message 7: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Finally! Filling in more of the white. :) This is the final version. Thanks again for all your help!

message 8: by Phyllis (new)

Phyllis | 8 comments I like it!

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Sells | 103 comments Beautiful cover! :)

message 10: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Phyllis wrote: "I like it!"

Thanks, Phyllis! :)

message 11: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Valerie wrote: "Beautiful cover! :)"

Thanks, Valerie! :)

message 12: by Tomas, Wandering dreamer (new)

Tomas Grizzly | 670 comments Mod
I think the old version was too text-busy, something the new version helped a lot.

message 13: by Elle (new)

Elle (ellelimpkin) | 4 comments Love the final version!

message 14: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Tomas wrote: "I think the old version was too text-busy, something the new version helped a lot."

Thanks, Tomas, it was. I ended up going to Fiverr to have the font done. Very happy with it!

message 15: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Elle wrote: "Love the final version!"

Thanks, Elle! Me too! :)

message 16: by Milly Jane (new)

Milly Jane Maven | 18 comments Great cover. The the final version is beautiful.

message 17: by Keegan (new)

Keegan Eichelman | 5 comments I love it! Orange and blue are always fabulous colors for contrasting and the look on the girl's face is so mysterious. The white font for your name and the subtitle looks very professional and crisp too. Well done!

message 18: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Milly Jane wrote: "Great cover. The the final version is beautiful."

Thanks, Milly Jane! :)

message 19: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Keegan wrote: "I love it! Orange and blue are always fabulous colors for contrasting and the look on the girl's face is so mysterious. The white font for your name and the subtitle looks very professional and cri..."

Thanks, Keegan! Those are two of my favorite colors! :)

message 20: by Lyvita (new)

Lyvita (goodreadscomuser_lyvitabrooks) | 53 comments Eye catching.

message 21: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Lyvita wrote: "Eye catching."

Thanks, Lyvita! I love looking at covers! :)

message 22: by Nora (new)

Nora Wolfenbarger | 3 comments The cover is so important. This looks like a great one. Good luck

message 23: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4278 comments Mod
J.M.K. wrote: "..."

You're hijacking a thread, bookwhacking, and posting links. Please review the rules of the group.

message 24: by M.L. (new)

M.L. | 1102 comments Nora wrote: "The cover is so important. This looks like a great one. Good luck"

Thanks, Nora! I totally agree! :)