Horror Aficionados discussion

Movies & Television > American Horror Story: 1984 (9th season)

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I can’t freaking wait!!!

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments The summary sounds good but I don't know.....

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I | 60 comments I can't believe they've been able to last nine seasons....This is not an insult on them, I'm just amazed they have found enough horror content to last that long.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I’m just so excited this is an 80’s one 😃

message 5: by Gianfranco (last edited Sep 12, 2019 09:28AM) (new)

Gianfranco Mancini | 540 comments

It sounds very good and promotional posters arecjust over the top.
I've stopped watching Ahs after season 3, but just can't wait for this one :)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments That freaking poster man!! I want that!!

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments I do like the poster.

message 8: by Negan88 (new)

Negan88 | 21 comments I can’t wait! I thought they all were good. I didn’t like Roanoke until I watched it a second time. This looks amazing!!!

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2849 comments Probably not gonna watch. Cult was the last reasonable season and Hotel was the last good season. There's so many issues with Ryan Murphy at this point that I can't take anything he does seriously.

message 10: by Ashkoff (last edited Sep 13, 2019 10:38AM) (new)

Ashkoff | 6 comments I am counting down the days to this !!!!

message 11: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments Justin wrote: "Probably not gonna watch. Cult was the last reasonable season and Hotel was the last good season. There's so many issues with Ryan Murphy at this point that I can't take anything he does seriously."

I'm on the fence. Before I would swear it off but this season does look appealing. I know with Murphy what you see in trailers and posters isn't typically what you get in the season.

message 12: by Robby (new)

Robby | 40 comments Well; what can I say? I shouldn't like this stuff but I can't help myself. " LET THE HORROR BEGIN "

message 13: by Kel (new)

Kel Midthnaetitulla | 39 comments Justin wrote: "Probably not gonna watch. Cult was the last reasonable season and Hotel was the last good season. There's so many issues with Ryan Murphy at this point that I can't take anything he does seriously."
I'm sure there is a nice Sandra Bullock film replaying on Lifetime that you could curl up to with a hot tea. :P (I'm teasing.)

I'm happiest in a world filled with horror...even if it's awful...

message 14: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments Has anyone checked out the premiere episode? I hope to watch it tonight.

message 15: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Willox | 92 comments Really enjoyed episode one. I feel like this season subject is more parody proof due to the Scream franchise and might escape some of the goofy excess of previous seasons. Plus it seems a bit more toned down than Scream Queens which is good.

message 16: by ~Teresa (new)

~Teresa | 4 comments I recorded the first episode. Hoping to watch it Sunday, my first free day!! Looks interesting but I’ve been fooled before.

message 17: by Robert (new)

Robert Kratky (bolorkay) | 330 comments Season 9 is off to a great start with a wonderful "Friday the 13th" kind of vibe but in their own particular (peculiar?) style. The acting is first rate with a sort of "wink, wink" type of humor. I hope the can keep their pace with this season.

message 18: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments I liked the first episode. Very much reminds me of Friday the 13th or just teen slasher movies in general. I also liked the fact that the story actually made sense since AHS has a tendency to veer off in different directions (story wise) within a season.

message 19: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Erin wrote: "I liked the first episode. Very much reminds me of Friday the 13th or just teen slasher movies in general. I also liked the fact that the story actually made sense since AHS has a tendency to veer ..."

I agree. They always seem to start off strong and then go off the rails. So far so good. I hope they stay on track this season.

message 20: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1 comments Definitely get a “Friday the 13th” vibe. Music is totally awesome! Definitely will continue watching!

message 21: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments I thought episode 2 was good as well.

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 490 comments I'm through Episode 3 and enjoying it so far. It's campy and far-fetched, but, hey, it's AHS. I love the 80s slasher theme - so much fun. I hope that they keep it on the rails enough so that it stays good through the final ep.

message 23: by Tim (new)

Tim Gunter | 154 comments I have a massive love hate relationship with AHS and it looks like this season is going to be no different. I was more pumped this season than I have been at the start since Roanoke, and that first episode was incredibly solid. It's still alright. I mean.....it's not "bad". But three episodes in now, and it's already suffering from "How much can we cram into a single season" and it's gotten me worried.

message 24: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 490 comments Fair concern, Tim, there's a LOT going on already.

message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments Tim wrote: "I have a massive love hate relationship with AHS and it looks like this season is going to be no different. I was more pumped this season than I have been at the start since Roanoke, and that first..."

With the way things have played out, I agree with your concern.

message 26: by Laurie (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Ugh, why can't they focus on a few storylines?

message 27: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments Bark wrote: "Ugh, why can't they focus on a few storylines?"

I don't know and it's not like Murphy can't do it. I watch 911 and storyline wise, that show remains consistent.

message 28: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments I am feeling the same way. A big disappointment.

message 29: by Laurie (last edited Oct 21, 2019 09:09AM) (new)

Laurie   (barklesswagmore) | 1471 comments Erin wrote: "I am feeling the same way. A big disappointment."

I expected disappointment so when it took a turn I wasn't too disappointed :)

message 30: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments Corinne wrote: "I forgot so posting here for others with shit memories :P

The actress that is playing Montana this year is Billie Lourd. She is the daughter of Carrie Fisher, (Princess Leia).

I love her watching..."

She is one of the bright spots of the season.

message 31: by Tim (new)

Tim Gunter | 154 comments Ok so I've just finished the most recent episode, and I'm shocked to say that I'm not hating it. There's a lot going on like usual, but right now it still, to me anyway, feels containable enough to not go completely off the rails. They've also done what I was hoping for, where the the second half is in a way a 'sequel' to the first half, so as of right now I'm still intrigued enough to keep on going.

message 32: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments I watched last weeks episode and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I'm really not a fan of the Richard Ramirez arc, though.

message 33: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments Did anyone watch the finale?

message 34: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments What did you think?

message 35: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly  Verrill (kimberlyverrill) | 3 comments I'm going to watch the finale tomorrow! This is by far my favorite season.

message 36: by Erin (new)

Erin (ems84) | 7260 comments Corinne wrote: "I definitely caught the show every week but I can't say I liked it all that much. So I'd say 3 out of 5 stars. My enjoyment is more of a nostalgia thing. I enjoyed tuning in to see the actors in ne..."

I had no idea that was the same actor (regarding Cody Fern). It was alright. At least it had some sort of conclusion and it was nice to see (view spoiler). The rest of it was mostly forgettable.