Polls for Christian Girls discussion

Polls > Poll roster

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Junia (heidijm) So here we can share ideas for polls, and take turns in making them ;-D
Some ideas about how to get it to work: go by the first letter in the name; f.ex. one week those whose name begins with P would make polls (just say if this sounds stupid!!) and so forth.
Or those who want could make polls, and give an idea to the next one "in line".
More ideas anyone?

message 2: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 4 comments I enjoy making polls, but I'm really not on Goodreads that consistently. (Like, I'll be on for a week, then get busy and miss out for an entire month.) So, if we were to take turns, and each person get assigned a week or something, I might forget and not do mine.
So maybe we could just have a limit instead? Like, maybe just ask that nobody post more than 2 polls a week, or just 1 a week, whatever y'all decide is a good amount. So each person can post whenever they want, just so long as they don't go over the limit. Does that make sense?

message 3: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Junia (heidijm) Brandi wrote: "I enjoy making polls, but I'm really not on Goodreads that consistently. (Like, I'll be on for a week, then get busy and miss out for an entire month.) So, if we were to take turns, and each person..."

That makes sense alright :-)

message 4: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (jemmathebookelf) | 10 comments Brandi wrote: "I enjoy making polls, but I'm really not on Goodreads that consistently. (Like, I'll be on for a week, then get busy and miss out for an entire month.) So, if we were to take turns, and each person..."

I like the idea of each person being assigned to a week, perhaps we could make a list of group members and cycle through? People can ask to have their name removed if they don't want it there, or be added multiple times if they want.
It wouldn't need to be too serious necessarily though, if you miss a week, no big deal. I think it will help the group stay alive.

The only other thing I would say is, I don't know that a poll limit is necessarily the right way to go. We don't get a lot anyway, and it might be a bit restrictive?
But whatever we do, I think we should clarify that there's no pressure. It's just a bit of fun :)

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Junia (heidijm) Jemma wrote: "Brandi wrote: "I enjoy making polls, but I'm really not on Goodreads that consistently. (Like, I'll be on for a week, then get busy and miss out for an entire month.) So, if we were to take turns, ..."

It's just that it would be a terrible job to list all members here ;-D
What if those who are willing "sign up" in this discussion?
And in a way I feel that one poll per week is quite little, I'd like to have two. But if you guys don't have time, it's totally fine :-)
If everyone can do as many polls as they want, but there must be at least one per week, would that be okay?

message 6: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (jemmathebookelf) | 10 comments Heidi wrote: "Jemma wrote: "Brandi wrote: "I enjoy making polls, but I'm really not on Goodreads that consistently. (Like, I'll be on for a week, then get busy and miss out for an entire month.) So, if we were t..."

Oh man yeah. 100 people is a lot. I didn't think of that. Perhaps we can make a sign up poll?

I agree, one poll a week is quite little, and two sounds quite reasonable.

And yeah, we don't want to stop people from making polls, but we'll have a starting point in one (or two) a week

message 7: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Tyler | 10 comments sounds good, I'm happy to do that

message 8: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (jemmathebookelf) | 10 comments Bethany wrote: "sounds good, I'm happy to do that"

Awesome