Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Noms & Newsletters > November 2019 - Cozy Nominations

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Hello, fellow Crime, Mystery, and Thriller Readers,

Nominations for our October 2019 Cozy Mysteries Book of the Month are now open! To ensure your nomination will be included in our poll, please make sure it conforms to the following guideline:

✔️ The book must be a Cozy Mystery

**** Cozies very rarely focus on sex, profanity or violence. The murders take place off stage, and are often relatively bloodless (e.g. poisoning), while sexual activity (if any) between characters is only ever gently implied and never directly addressed.

**** The cozy mystery usually takes place in a small town or village. The small size of the setting makes it believable that all the suspects know each other. The amateur sleuth is usually a very likeable person who is able to get the community members to talk freely about each other. There is usually at least one very knowledgeable, nosy, yet reliable character in the book who is able to fill in all of the blanks, thus enabling the amateur sleuth to solve the case.

✔️ You may nominate one (1) book.

✔️To ensure your nomination is included in our poll correctly, do include the name of both the book and the author. You would be surprised at how many books have the same title. You are welcome to use the "add book/author" tool, which is located above the right upper corner of the comment window when you nominate your selection.

📌AUTHORS please note: We DO NOT accept nominations of your own work. Please see our Author/Publisher Guidelines for more information. You are, however, welcome to participate in the nomination (of another author's work), polling, and book discussions in general.

If you have any questions, you can leave a comment in this discussion or message Vanessa, Jenny or Gem directly.

Thank you and happy reading!

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1847 comments I nominate Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Christine wrote: "I nominate Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke"

Thanks, Christine for your nominations. I have added the book to the running list.

message 6: by Icewineanne, Moderator (new)

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Sousa | 16 comments I would like to nominate:
Tagged for Death (Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery #1) by Sherry Harris Tagged for Death by Sherry Harris.

message 8: by ConnieD (new)

ConnieD (bookwithcat) | 560 comments I nominate A Killer Read by Erika Chase.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.