The Great Gatsby The Great Gatsby question

book review
Cally S. Cally Sep 10, 2019 08:54PM
Over this summer I read The Great Gatsby. It is a fiction book and the writing style is lyrical. Over all I really enjoyed this book. I loved how the whole book revolves around Gatsby’s unconditional love for Daisy. The Great Gatsby is told by Nick Carraway, a writer. Nick lives in a small modest home right next to Gatsby’s mansion. Jay Gatsby is a man of mystery, but yet everyone knows who he is because of his famous parties. Carraway becomes curious about his neighbor after being invited to one of his famous parties, that Gatsby throws almost every weekend. After Nick meets Gatsby for the first time at his party, Gatsby wants to arrange for Nick, himself, and Daisy to have tea together. Daisy Buchanan is Nick’s cousin and is married to Tom Buchanan, one of the wealthiest men in Manhattan. Nick soon learns that Gatsby is in love with Daisy Buchanan. Nick begins to help Gatsby to get close with Daisy again, behind Tom’s back. While this is happening Gatsby tells Nick a little about himself and how he use to date Daisy, but when he left for war she met Tom. Gatsby has this plan to go back to the past when Daisy still loved him. In the book Nick states,”You can’t repeat the past.” Then Gatsby replies,”Can’t change the past?’ he cried incredulously, ‘Why of course you can.” Later on in the book Gatsby asks Daisy if she’ll leave Tom for him, and tell Tom that she never loved him. Daisy is a woman living in the 19th century, who have been born into wealth. She battles leaving her secure husband that makes good money for going with Gatsby her long lost love, who is adventurous and in the moment. Nick is my personal favorite character because he is Gatsby one true friend. He is with him till the end and wants what’s best for Daisy too. I strongly recommend this book for anyone looking for a good story with a risk-taken journey ahead.

Monty J (last edited Sep 10, 2019 10:15PM ) Sep 10, 2019 10:14PM   -1 votes
Cally wrote: "Over this summer I read The Great Gatsby. It is a fiction book and the writing style is lyrical. Over all I really enjoyed this book. I loved how the whole book revolves around Gatsby’s uncondition..."

A discussion board is not the correct place for book reviews. It will get overlooked here.

To properly post a review, simply click on the book cover icon, and it will take you to a page where you can click "edit" and copy/paste your review there. Then your review will be presented along with other reviews.