What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Please Don't Eat the Daisies
This topic is about Please Don't Eat the Daisies
SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Collection of stories from one women, couple buys crazy house. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kayla Humphrey | 2 comments I listened to this as a book on tape when I was in grade school, the 2000's. My family got the book on tape from a library book sale where they sell old or overstocked book/ other items. I think it was published in the 80's or 70's. I remember it was kinda a collection of stories from the authors point of view. they were a female, wife and mother and the stories where about things in her life. one story I remember was about her and her husband buying this crazy strange house. It had a fountain and a count yard and a large clock with a chime in it and it was an old house but very very strange.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21031 comments Was it intended for adult readers?

Can you remember if this was a memoir, or fictional stories?

message 3: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2074 comments A guess: Please Don't Eat the Daisies? It was originally published in the 50's, though.

Kayla Humphrey | 2 comments SamSpayedPI wrote: "A guess: Please Don't Eat the Daisies? It was originally published in the 50's, though."
That's it!!! thank you so much. I've spent so much time typing the few key points I could remember into google! I was so young when I read it that I barley remembered anything.

message 5: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Sep 16, 2019 02:48PM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2074 comments You're welcome - glad you found your book!

It was made into a movie (Doris Day and David Niven) and a TV series (1965-1967).

Another point of interest is that the Kerrs lived near Karen Killilea in the sequel, With Love from Karen. The Kerr boys make a brief appearance in With Love from Karen (they sell Marie Killilea flowers picked from her own garden), and Karen's brother Rory is mentioned in Please Don't Eat the Daisies (as a kid who's allowed to stay up late to watch TV, according to the Kerr boys).