Tess Gerritsen Fans discussion

The Shape of Night
This topic is about The Shape of Night
Romantic Suspense Novels > The Shape of Night (Group Read - October/November 2019)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dustin the wind Crazy little brown owl (dustpancrazy) | 568 comments Mod
A new novel by Tess Gerritsen will be released next month (October 2019).
The Shape of Night is described as an "exciting blend of romance and suspense with a touch of the supernatural: Gerritsen delivers a uniquely compelling mystery - this time adding her own twist on a modern ghost story and with a strong romantic core at its heart."

About the story: Ava Collette is punishing herself for an unspeakable tragedy, so she flees Boston and rents and old home named Brodie's Watch on a remote coastal peninsula of Maine, hoping to finish writing the cookbook she's been working on for months. She immediately feels at peace in the isolated house - until she hears strange noises. Rumor has it that a sea captain named Brodie has haunted the house for decades. One night Ava awakens to find herself face to face with an apparition who looks - and feels - all too real. Meanwhile, there's been a series of accidental deaths nearby that don't add up. As Ava starts to check into the previous renter's mysterious disappearance, she uncovers disturbing secrets that some in town are desperate to keep hidden. Soon all of Ava's waking hours are consumed by her investigation, and her nights are ignited by Captain Brodie's ghostly visits. But even as she questions her own sanity, she knows she must uncover the truth before a killer strikes again.

Anyone interested in this book?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 6 comments I think I'd like to read it in October with a group.

The Shape of Night Group Reading Guide (complete with recipes):
http://www.randomhousebooks.com/wp-co...

I have one ARC edition of The Shape of Night available. I had too much going on to do a proper giveaway before release date, so if anyone is interested, send me a Goodreads Message with your US Mailing Address. I'll send the book to the first person I get a US Mailing Address from. Keep in mind this is not a hardcover and it is not signed. It is a paperback Advance Review Copy. I'll try to update here once the book is taken. :-) Happy Reading!

message 5: by Fred (last edited Oct 06, 2019 02:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Fred (fredderoche) Thanks for a ARC. The book is going fast. You do question how Ava, a cookbook writer could ever be haunted in these shadows in a small Maine seacoast town as she writes. The plot is fast.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 6 comments Somehow a paperback arc copy arrived in my mailbox at home. I've read the book and would be glad to join a discussion here when enough have read it!

Fred (fredderoche) Two main characters, Ava Collette, Boston Food Book author going to quiet Tucker Cove, Maine to finish book & stress makes sense...
Next how will Capt. Brodie in the 1861 “Watch-House” haunt Ava