Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Published Dates

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 18 comments Hello!

Some books (Ex: ASIN B07TXBYTYX) don't have their published dates displayed on the My Books page, only on their own page. Do any of you know why, and is it fixable?

Also https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3... (No listed ISBN or ASIN) doesn't have a published date listed; it's January 23, 2017.

Thank you!

message 2: by Emily (last edited Sep 10, 2019 04:05PM) (new)

Emily | 13505 comments I set the original publication date for the first one (not just the edition specific one), see if that changes how it displays.
If not, then I don't know why.

For the second book, it was an alternate cover edition, meaning they have the same ASIN with different covers. Since this one is newer, I moved the ASIN to it and updated its information. The original publication day is 1/23/17 but the publication day for that particular edition is when the cover was created.

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 18 comments Ah, it did. Thank you!

Would you be interested in doing more? There's quite a few, so if not, that's fine.

Gotcha, thanks!

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13505 comments Catherine wrote: "Ah, it did. Thank you!

Would you be interested in doing more? There's quite a few, so if not, that's fine."

You are welcome to list them here. Others will probably be happy to work on them. If you would, please number them and post both a link to the book on Goodreads and on Amazon where it shows the release date.
I wouldn't do more than 5 per post.