Dragons & Jetpacks discussion

BotM Discussion - Mod Special > Windswept - Adam Rakunas - Sep/Oct 2019 Mod Special **SPOILERS**

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Freya, Dragon Rider (new)

Freya (flamecat) | 1829 comments Mod
Thought I'd better get the thread up for this one, if people want to start discussing!

I have it on my shelves and I'm planning on reading it next after The Girl in the Tower, but I'm in a slight lull as I'm knackered at the moment in the evenings (my usual reading time). Thankfully, however, Mod Specials run for two months, so I'll be on it soon hopefully :)

message 2: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Just joined and went to check on this book and found it was pretty cheap on kindle, so got it and will join. Sounded like some of the lighter science fiction I prefer.

message 3: by Wayland, Ernest Scribbler (new)

Wayland Smith | 2937 comments Mod
So anyone else catch that Padma throws out her jacket when she gets back from the beach run with the Breachers and then puts it on the next day?

message 4: by Wayland, Ernest Scribbler (new)

Wayland Smith | 2937 comments Mod
And now, just a bit after her reveal about she doesn't dream anymore, she's going on about her neighbor making pickles that were so good, she still dreams about them.

This book needed a better editor.

message 5: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie So far I'm enjoying this book. Has kind of a kind of Firefly vibe to it, especially the characters, but a little too much worldbuilding.

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Wayland wrote: "So anyone else catch that Padma throws out her jacket when she gets back from the beach run with the Breachers and then puts it on the next day?"

It's a bit long winded for me, so I admit I'm not reading that closely.