SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

Archive: Past Team Challenges > BINGO R19 | Discussions

Comments Showing 1-50 of 224 (224 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments BSB @ SOS
Welcome to SOS' 19th Round of BookShelf Bingo!

Please sign up here, not here. This thread is for random BSB chatter only. Many Thanks!

message 2: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 1543 comments

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 279 comments lol

message 4: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments 😆

message 5: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments I was just looking at the shelf link put up for hybrid(s) and there's a lot of non-series books on there. Quite a bit of non-fiction. Does the normal rule of if it's on there it's allowed as long is not a comic book, cook book or other disallowed book?

And does the (s) there mean we can look at both hybrid and hybrids?

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23493 comments Yes & yes.

Diane ~Firefly~ | 903 comments Just added 50 books to the bookshelf to get things primed.

message 8: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments Thanks, Diane! :)

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam | 1011 comments I am super excited for another SOS bingo.

message 10: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments I'm super excited that you're super excited 😁

message 11: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23493 comments LOL

I'm super excited that Diane added 50 books!!

Danielle Book Boss (daniellebookboss) | 963 comments Is it too early the ask for a shelf?! 😂😂😂

message 13: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments 😆

Art (aka Whistler Reads) (art-whistlerreads) | 874 comments ssssōooœ.....

When do teams get sorted,,,???

message 15: by Sam (new)

Sam | 1011 comments Steph and Sandra, do you want me to continue doing the weekly updates?

message 16: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments Team shuffle and threads will be done tomorrow, so you'll have time to chat w/your teammates before shelf announcement Wednesday.

That's entirely up to you, Sam. We appreciate all the work you put into them and enjoy them when you're able, but please don't feel obligated.

message 17: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments Remember, inevitably we will be in need of standby players, so if you missed initial signup consider that option. Also, if you know of someone who could jump in at a moment's notice, have them signup as a standby player.

message 18: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23493 comments LOL

message 19: by Sam (new)

Sam | 1011 comments I don't mind. It's fun and easy enough to do, once I get the initial set up done.

message 20: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments 😏

Thanks, Sam, that’d be great!

message 21: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 1543 comments Sam wrote: "I don't mind. It's fun and easy enough to do, once I get the initial set up done."

Awesome, thanks! :-)

Art (aka Whistler Reads) (art-whistlerreads) | 874 comments Sam wrote: "I don't mind. It's fun and easy enough to do, once I get the initial set up done."

Looking forward to knowing where we stand... thanks

message 23: by Ezinwanyi (new)

Ezinwanyi Chinyere | 2513 comments I’m ready to go 🥰

message 24: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2423 comments Only 3 players per team. That's new.

message 25: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments That's necessity ;) but I think we might have had 3-per once or twice before.

message 26: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle I have a question: Are we not allowed to read Middle Grade books?

I found this in the rules: "All formats of a book (excluding children’s and middle grade books, as well as graphic novels) found on the appropriate shelf or category are allowed..."

message 27: by Ora (new)

Ora (oeamis) Team 3 would like to be known as The Three Amigos

message 28: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23493 comments Added you Ora.

message 29: by Sam (new)

Sam | 1011 comments 23 teams, whew. It's going to be a LOOOONG update post this game ;)

message 30: by Art (aka Whistler Reads) (last edited Sep 17, 2019 03:10AM) (new)

Art (aka Whistler Reads) (art-whistlerreads) | 874 comments Sam wrote: "23 teams, whew. It's going to be a LOOOONG update post this game ;)"

> < ... lol ... 😆 ... but with 23 boards, it's gonna be quick, I bet!

message 31: by Ora (new)

Ora (oeamis) Team 3 The Three Amigos have checked the SS. Bingo card and SS are the same.

message 32: by Cathy M. (new)

Cathy M. (mccathy77) | 517 comments I totally do not see it anywhere - can you please post a link to the SS?

message 33: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 824 comments Hi, Team 3 would like to be known as Serious Series Seekers and I will be the captain.

message 34: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments Lanelle wrote: "I have a question: Are we not allowed to read Middle Grade books?

I found this in the rules: "All formats of a book (excluding children’s and middle grade books, as well as graphic novels) found ..."

Hi, Lanelle. For bingo, children's, middle grade and graphic novels are not allowed even if found on the shelf. Additionally, all books must be a minimum of 200 pages.

message 35: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments Cathy M. wrote: "I totally do not see it anywhere - can you please post a link to the SS?"

Hi Cathy, here's the link to the R19 spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

message 36: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments Marisa wrote: "Hi, Team 3 would like to be known as Serious Series Seekers and I will be the captain."

Hi Marisa, you're on team 9, yah? I've updated your name (love it!) and added you as captain. Thanks :)

message 37: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle Steph wrote: "Lanelle wrote: "I have a question: Are we not allowed to read Middle Grade books?

I found this in the rules: "All formats of a book (excluding children’s and middle grade books, as well as graphi..."

Thank you.

message 38: by Steph, Just keep swimming … (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 28248 comments You're welcome :)

Art (aka Whistler Reads) (art-whistlerreads) | 874 comments I'm bottlewasher by default for team 23............
our name is still iffy..........

message 40: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23493 comments It's been done Art :)

message 41: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 824 comments Steph wrote: "Marisa wrote: "Hi, Team 3 would like to be known as Serious Series Seekers and I will be the captain."

Hi Marisa, you're on team 9, yah? I've updated your name (love it!) and added you as captain...."

Yes 😳I always mix the numbers, sorry, and thank you!

message 42: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23493 comments If anyone's missing team buddies please feel free to PM them, the game starts in about 14.5 hours time!

message 43: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 824 comments Sandra wrote: "If anyone's missing team buddies please feel free to PM them, the game starts in about 14.5 hours time!"

So, when I'm sleeping :P

message 44: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23493 comments Yep, same as one of my teammies :)

message 45: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1732 comments Sandra wrote: "Yep, same as one of my teammies :)"
Me lol

message 46: by Moondance (new)

Moondance (moondance120) | 1746 comments I see the ninjas have been lurking. I’m make it official. Team 5 will be Cereal Readers and I’ll be the captain. Thank you!!

Shelf?

message 47: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23493 comments Two of the ninjas beat ya Moondance. Hahahahaha

message 48: by Lekeisha (new)

Lekeisha | 326 comments Morning,

Team 16 is 4squared

message 49: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 23493 comments Done Lekeisha :)

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 773 comments Team 19 would like to be called 19 Naughty Ninjas ☺

« previous 1 3 4 5