Polls for Christian Girls discussion

New books

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Macey (last edited Sep 11, 2019 12:26PM) (new)

Macey (fairlieforever) Does anyone have any books that they love and are clean? I'm in the middle of a book and I have one to read right after it (both are new), but after that I'll need something to read. I don't care if they are christian authors or not; they just have to be clean good books.

If it helps some of my favorite authors are: Rowling, Rick Riordan, Ridley Pearson, Henry Neff, Suzanne Collins, Angela Hunt, Jennifer Nielsen, Jill Williamson, Stephanie Morrill, etc.

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Junia (heidijm) Have you tried L.M. Montgomery, Louisa May Alcott, Janette Oke etc? Girls' classics?

message 3: by Macey (new)

Macey (fairlieforever) No, I actually haven't. But I'm not a fan (not to read often) of classics. I prefer the newer stuff.

message 4: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Tyler | 10 comments Ok Macey, here's a list of my personal favs that you may like:
Secrets at Cedar Cabin by Colleen Coble
Catching Christmas by Terri Blackstock don't know if you like romance or not.
Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg
Girl Detective by R A Spratt
Kensy & Max: Breaking News by Jacqueline Harvey
When the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason
The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson
The Ordinary Princess by M M Kaye
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan
Anomaly by Krista McGee
Summer Promise by Robin Jones Gunn

Haha this is lots, but hope you like some of them!😂

message 5: by Macey (new)

Macey (fairlieforever) Those sound awesome! I will definitely check those out. Thanks!

message 6: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 4 comments Macey, do you have a favorite genre?

message 7: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Johnson (abigailjjohnson) | 5 comments Macey wrote: "Does anyone have any books that they love and are clean? I'm in the middle of a book and I have one to read right after it (both are new), but after that I'll need something to read. I don't care i..."

Christy Miller series by Robin Jones Gunn
Pretense by Lori Wick
Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick
Even Now by karen Kingsbury

message 8: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 4 comments Abigail wrote: "Macey wrote: "Does anyone have any books that they love and are clean? I'm in the middle of a book and I have one to read right after it (both are new), but after that I'll need something to read. ..."

Even Now is so good! Also, Ever After, it's sequel.

message 9: by Macey (new)

Macey (fairlieforever) Great! I'll be sure to check it out. Thanks!

message 10: by Macey (new)

Macey (fairlieforever) Brandi wrote: "Macey, do you have a favorite genre?"

Fantasy is definitely my favorite. But I also like historical fiction, mystery (especially murder mysteries), adventure, thrillers, young adult.
Just no romance books. That is one genre I am not a fan of.

message 11: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Tyler | 10 comments Macey wrote: "Brandi wrote: "Macey, do you have a favorite genre?"

Fantasy is definitely my favorite. But I also like historical fiction, mystery (especially murder mysteries), adventure, thrillers, young adult..."

Oh right. welp some of the ones I said are romance sooo.....😳
Hope you like some of them though, and you're welcome!

message 12: by Macey (new)

Macey (fairlieforever) I did find some off your list to read. Can't wait to read them!

message 13: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Tyler | 10 comments Macey wrote: "I did find some off your list to read. Can't wait to read them!"

great!

message 14: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Johnson (abigailjjohnson) | 5 comments Macey wrote: "Brandi wrote: "Macey, do you have a favorite genre?"

Fantasy is definitely my favorite. But I also like historical fiction, mystery (especially murder mysteries), adventure, thrillers, young adult..."

Well, then you might not like any of the books I suggested. ;)
Maybe you would like:

Fear Has a Name by Creston Mapes

Pride and Prescience: Or, A Truth Universally Acknowledged by Carrie Bebris

Also if you are into reading e-books, here is a link for a whole bunch of christian mystery books . https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=christian+m...

message 15: by Brandi (last edited Sep 12, 2019 08:53AM) (new)

Brandi | 4 comments Macey wrote: "Brandi wrote: "Macey, do you have a favorite genre?"

I highly recommend R.J. Larson's Books of the Infinite series. They are amazing. (There is some romance, but not too much.)
Also, The Tales of Goldstone Wood series by Anne Elisabeth Stengl. They're very good, but also pretty intense.
If you ever decide to read a little romance, you definitely need to try some books by Melanie Dickerson. Her stories are amazing and full of adventure and (clean, of course) romance.

As far as murder mysteries, I really loved Presumed Guiltyand Interrupted Lullaby. They kept me on the edge of my seat! (There is a little bit of romance in there, but it focuses more on the mystery.)

message 16: by Macey (new)

Macey (fairlieforever) Brandi wrote: "Macey wrote: "Brandi wrote: "Macey, do you have a favorite genre?"

Fantasy is definitely my favorite. But I also like historical fiction, mystery (especially murder mysteries), adventure, thriller..."

Great! Thanks so much, Brandi!

message 17: by Faith (new)

Faith (victorianprincess) I would reccomend An Eye For Glory by Karl Bacon if you are interested in Civil War historical novels. it was written a few years ago, I believe.

message 18: by Macey (new)

Macey (fairlieforever) Yeah, I'll check it out. Thanks!