Berkeley College Online Book Club discussion

Break the Ice - Introduce Yourself (Fall 2019)

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria | 10 comments Mod
The Berkeley College Online Book Club is excited to focus our Fall 2019 reading selections on the theme of mental health awareness.
Please take a moment to introduce yourself!

-Campus
-Major
-Grad year (class of...)
-Have you ever participated in an Online Book Club discussion before?
If yes - any tips for newcomers?
If no - any questions? What are you most looking forward to?
-Anything else you'd like to share!

message 2: by Julianna (new)

Julianna Tamba (jylie29) | 8 comments Hello my name is Julianna Tamba. My major is business management and I am currently in the Masters degree program at Berkeley College.
I want to learn more about mental health and illness as well as overcoming it.

message 3: by Sheelia (new)

Sheelia (sheelia_b) | 13 comments My name is Sheelia Brascomb and I am an online student who works out of the Newark campus in the Center for Academic Success. I am in my first semester as a senior, studying to get my Bachelor's degree in Business Administration Management with a special in Entrepreneurship. I will be graduating May of 2020.

This is about my fifth or sixth time participating in the online clubs book reading for the semester and every semester the books get better and better. They always teach me that there is something more to be done and to never give up hope in what it is that I want to accomplish.

My advice to the new members joining the group would be to make sure you actually read the book. There is always something in there that can help you in whatever you're doing. Also to make sure your participate in the online discussions. There's always something worth learning from your peers.

Have a good read everyone and I will see you when the book is finished

message 4: by Aniyah (new)

Aniyah Louis | 1 comments Hi my name is Aniyah Louis-Gomez. I’m a Criminal Justice Major. I’m in Class 2023. This is my first time joining in a online book club group .

message 5: by Shayquana (new)

Shayquana (shayquanaa) | 37 comments Mod
Hello Maria, Julianna, Sheelia, Aniyah, and Everyone else after!

I enjoyed reading the information before me.

Introducing myself, my name is Shayquana Elliott and I am looking to pursue my masters. I am currently an online student and my major is business. I graduated in 2018 and look to further my education in order to further my career and heighten my salary. I have participated in the Online Book Club plenty of times before and look forward to each one that I could be a part of. It has been a learning experience for me not only from the information within the books but from the communication from our peers within the discussions as well. Hearing the thoughts and ideas from others always is such an incredible thing for it allows others to think of concepts they’ve never considered before, or it allows them to expand their mind at a greater volume than ever before. Also, my tips for newcomers is to divide the chapters or number of pages to the amount of time given to complete the book, in order to be successful with finishing the book. As well as, reply within the timeframe of the discussion and as often to peers as possible, especially if you’re looking to have effective communications back and forth. Lastly, keep in mind that mental illness is a very sensitive topic; so with the questions asked, there is no right or wrong answer, people have their own entitled opinions and their own individual experience dealt or dealing with Mental Illness. Take care for now and I can’t wait to receive and review the book.

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (lovelymelc) | 12 comments Maria wrote: "The Berkeley College Online Book Club is excited to focus our Fall 2019 reading selections on the theme of mental health awareness.
Please take a moment to introduce yourself!

-Campus
-Major
-Gra..."

Hello Everyone!

My name is Melanie but you guys can call me Mel. This is my last semester at Berkeley College and I will be graduating December 2019 with a Bachelors in Fashion Merchandising and Management. I attend Berkeley College at the NY - Midtown location, Paramus, NJ location and online as well. Although, I am graduating this year I do plan on attending grad school in 2020.

I have participated in the online book club and truly love on the selections of readings they offer each semester. A tip I would offer is to stay on top of your reading and do try to participate as soon as possible on the discussion boards when possible.

I hope everyone has a great semester and enjoys the reading for this Fall 2019!

- Melanie C.

message 7: by Yenisel (new)

Yenisel Salgado | 1 comments Hi everyone my name is yenisel salgado and i am pursuing my associates degree in health services administration , this is my first year enrolled in college .This is my first time participating in an online book club or any time of book club ever , i am so excited and looking forward to this experience specially since the theme is mental health awareness.

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Venzen (karenvenzen) | 9 comments Hello I'm Karen E. Venzen.
This is my second time with Berkeley College's Online Book Club.
I am 2005 graduate.
I will again, enjoy discussing the reading and hearing other people's views and opinions.
Welcome everyone.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Good afternoon everyone!
My name is Sarah. This is my last semester at Berkeley and I will be graduating December with my Bachelors in Criminal Justice. This is my first time participating in the Online Book club. I look forward to discussing the books in November. Mental health is one of my interests to have a better understanding.

message 10: by Mariah (new)

Mariah | 1 comments Hello, my name is Mariah Lopez and this is my first time being apart of the Berkeley Online Bookclub.
I am a Berkeley College graduate C/O 2019
I am also a returning student getting more degrees because who said stop at one right?
I’m happy to be apart of this bookclub, also because I made a challenge to myself to read at least 6 books this year.
Looking forward to read the book High Achiever.

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Guerrero | 1 comments Hello! Everyone, My name is Stephanie Guerrero. I currently attend Berkeley Online. I am a part time student. my major is Fashion Merchandising and management. This is my first time being apart of the online book club, and am very happy to have joined. I am looking forward to learn more about different topics. and grow more as a reader.

Happy reading everyone!
Best,
Stephanie Guerrero.

message 12: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Miranda (luscioustracy) | 4 comments Hello everyone, my name is Tracy Miranda. I am a Berkeley College Student. I am taking online courses. I finished getting my Associates Degree in Health Administration Medical Billing and Coding in 2017. I am currently pursuing my Bachelors in Medical Management. I am expected to graduating in just two more semesters. I have participated in a book club before, and I absolutely loved it. I love reading. I am looking forward to reading more books, and graduating soon with my degree just like I did with my Associates. Nice to meet you all.

message 13: by Evelice (new)

Evelice Ramos | 2 comments Hi! My name is Evelice Ramos and I'm a Business Administration: Management major. I am currently with Berkeley Online BUT I had graduated back in 1996 with an Associates degree. I decided to go back and continue my education last year to get my Bachelors degree.

message 14: by Anamilet (new)

Anamilet Valencia | 1 comments Hello, my name it's Anamilet Valencia. I'm a student in Berkeley College in Woodland Park. My major is Interior Design, this is my first Semester.
I have never participated in an Online Book Club before.
I'm very exited to know more about this and have the opportunity to share my opinions with others.

message 15: by Johan (new)

Johan Duvernay (johanduvern) | 1 comments Hey, my name is Johan Duvernay and this is my first time participating in an online book discussion. I love everything about books. I love the fact that one can get lost within a book, and imagine themselves inside the world the book describes. I'm currently majoring in Business & Administration, and I anticipate my graduation year is 2023. I'm also currently attending the campus in White Plains NY.

message 16: by Evelice (new)

Evelice Ramos | 2 comments Hi Anamilet,

I agree with you that this also my first Online Book Club Discussion. This should be a fun experience!!!!

Evelice

message 17: by Britany (new)

Britany Naomi | 1 comments Hello everyone,
My name is Britany Amaya. My major is Business Administration Management and this semester I will get my associates and I will continue with my education. This semester I am taking online classes and before I was taking classes at White Plains Campus. This is my first time joining a Book Club. I decided to join the book club to improve my vocabulary and to start reading more books from different genres and get more knowledge from books.

message 18: by Anthony (new)

Sirica Anthony (anthony-sirica) | 1 comments Hello, my name is Anthony Thomas Sirica, Jr. My Major is Information Technology Management & I’m currently enrolled as a Full-Time Student for my Associate’s Degree on the Manhattan Campus at Berkeley College. This is my first time participating in the Online Book Club, so I look forward for Book Discussion next Month. I would also like to learn about different topics because I like to Read Books. My anticipated Graduation is May 2021.

message 19: by Juan (new)

Juan Vargas | 2 comments Hello, my name is Juan Vargas. I'm a Information Technology Management major. I am currently with Berkeley Online, I decided to go back and continue my education last year to get my Master degree.

message 20: by Terysinea (new)

Terysinea Campbell | 6 comments Hello everyone
My name is Terysinea Campbell I attend the midtown campus, my major is in Health Services Management, am a class of 2020. I have been a member of the online book club. My tip for new comers is to have an interesting for books and the rest is easy

message 21: by Karen (new)

Karen Venzen (karenvenzen) | 9 comments My name is Karen Venzen. I graduated from Berkeley in 2005 with an Associate in Business. I was working at Verizon at the time and retired in 2009.
I love Books on Tape

message 22: by Bill (new)

Bill | 5 comments Hi everyone! My name is Bill McNelis, and I am the Library Director at the Berkeley College NYC campus. I have participated in this online book club in the past, and I'm also part of an online book club that a friend of mine set up that encourages us to read books by theme each month. I'm happy that this book club is exploring the theme of mental health for the Fall 2019 Semester, and I'm looking forward to reading "72 Hour Hold" and discussing it!

message 23: by Eric (new)

Eric G. | 7 comments Hello, and salutations. My name is Eric G. Washington. I am studying business management. I am looking forward to reading this terms book. The last few have varied in subject. They were enjoyable to read. Thank you.

message 24: by Neolis (new)

Neolis Valenzuela | 5 comments Hello Everyone,
Sorry for the late post. My name is Neolis Jazmin Valenzuela. I just graduated in May from Berkeley Midtown Campus with my BBA in International Business. I have participated before and I am really looking forward to this semester's topic.