World, Writing, Wealth discussion

World & Current Events > Bolton to Boston

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13834 comments I guess all those who feared of John's hawkish influence can now heave a sigh of relief. And if anyone doubted - Donald is the boss and who knows maybe he'll be remembered as one of the least resorting to military means, prioritizing economic levers? What do you think?

message 2: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 9808 comments As for Donald's peaceful intentions, I would prefer to wait and see how this Iranian business plays out. Firing Bolton is a pretty low bar on the peaceful scale.

message 3: by Nik (new)

Nik Krasno | 13834 comments The way it looks ayatollahs may become the next best friend after Kim & Taliban the moment they meet -:)

message 4: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 9808 comments Nik wrote: "The way it looks ayatollahs may become the next best friend after Kim & Taliban the moment they meet -:)"

Is that speculation made on the grounds it would really piss off Bolton??

message 5: by Nik (last edited Sep 11, 2019 02:42AM) (new)

Nik Krasno | 13834 comments I don't think many care what would piss him or anyone or not.. Just deriving from a previous sequence of events: Kim seems to become a friend, reconciliation btw Afghan government & taliban was to take place in Camp David (suspended in the meantime), a possibility of a meeting btw Trump & Rouhani on the sidelines of UN general assembly circulated recently..

message 6: by Ian (new)

Ian Miller | 9808 comments Agreed how Bolton feels is irrelevant, but it still feels good to guess he is really really upset. Whether Trump and Rouhani would agree to anything is debatable, but Rouhani should learn from Kim and ensure plenty of photo opportunities following a number of platitudes