CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2019 Weekly Threads > Week 37 - Bookish Drinks and Treats

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 697 comments Mod
September is here and with it Autumn (or, the illusion of it since it's still warm and does Hampton Roads ever seen a true fall?). I love this season. I love the falling leaves. The cooler weather. Being bundled up. Wood fires. And all the comfort food. Everything from hot soup to coffee and tea to mashed potatoes to apples to pumpkins. Yes, I am one of those pumpkin people. Lol.

Thinking about all the good things to eat, what is your favorite drink or treat to eat while reading? I'm not big on eating while reading (one word- crumbs) but I generally have a nice cup of coffee or some water with me.

Books also contain a wide variety of food. Is there any particular bookish drink or food you've always wanted to try in the real world? I've been curious to try the lembas bread from Lord of the Rings. And who can forgot Harry Potter's butterbeer?

Has anyone found any good recipes for bookish food or drink? Share them here!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I am always scared honestly to eat or drink around literature. I don't mind paper or magazine reading, but I would be scared I would damage a library or other book.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Thorlton | 24 comments Coffee is hands-down my favorite. If I could curl up with coffee, a book, and maybe some cookies, I’d be living the dream.

I would love to go to a barbecue Gone with the Wind style. Really reading about any large Southern dinner makes me hungry!

message 4: by Arlice (new)

Arlice M | 85 comments I enjoy having a cup of coffee or a vanilla coke while reading. I really don't like to eat anything while reading a book but on occasion I will enjoy a bowl of popcorn,