75 Books...More or Less! discussion

2016-2022 Chat > Stephen Fry's Victorian Secrets

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Sep 10, 2019 09:51AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 7809 comments Mod
If you chose Stephen Fry's Victorian Secrets for your Audible Original last November, you will not find it on Goodreads anymore. So if you listened to it this year, your GR Challenge will be one less than you thought.

Emily from the Goodreads Librarians Group said "Sorry, this is not a book by Goodreads standards. It's more of a podcast type format with episodes. There can be a fine line, but this particular performance is not a book."

message 2: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (stacieh) | 1813 comments But it is not a podcast. While the presented format is similar, it is not a series and none of the chapters were ever available individually. It is a complete, collected unit, in the way that a graphic novel (or a trade paperback) is a complete, collected unit and should be treated the same way. As a book. :(

message 3: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Stacie wrote: "But it is not a podcast. While the presented format is similar, it is not a series and none of the chapters were ever available individually. It is a complete, collected unit, in the way that a gra..."

That is the argument I'm trying to make with Emily.

message 4: by Dawn Michelle (new)

Dawn Michelle | 2819 comments Elyse wrote: "If you chose Stephen Fry's Victorian Secrets for your Audible Original last November, you will not find it on Goodreads anymore. So if you listened to it this year, your GR Challenge will be one le..."

Well DARN IT!!!! I hope you win this one Elyse. Goodreads is wrong. Plain and simple.

message 5: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited Sep 10, 2019 09:52AM) (new)

Well, now we can all pitch in to get it back!

Emily said "Unfortunately I'm just the messenger; the librarians group members don't have a say in the policies. If you want Goodreads to see your opinion, I recommend using the Contact Us form here: https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta..."

For the question "What does this inquiry relate to? (2-3 words. For example: "forgot password" or "importing books")" I put "book" policy

message 6: by Karina (new)

Karina | 873 comments This is so annoying!!! I listened to it this year! and it is certainly NOT A PODCAST!

message 7: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

They've also deleted another Audible Original that was a freebie - Strong Ending: A Journey from Combat to Comedy. This is BS. Only found it because my count was off by 2 instead of 1.