Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Bite Me: A Vampire Anthology
This topic is about Bite Me
Book Issues > Wrong Cassandra Faye is connected to my boxset!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Faye (fayebooks) | 4 comments Hello!

Can someone please help us get the correct Cassandra Faye linked to this boxset? We posted about it before when the book went live, but it's still not fixed.

For some reason, my name in Goodreads is formatted as "Cassandra Faye" with extra spaces, even though I'm the only Cassandra Faye with a goodreads author account. The other author with this name has only published one book a long time ago. Please help us get this fixed? Zoe Blake is aware of the issue and has also posted about it.

Thank you so much!

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Faye (fayebooks) | 4 comments I would also really appreciate if we could change the formatting on my name so it shows up with just ONE space between first and last name. The other author hasn't published anything else, and isn't a Goodreads author, and so if one needs to be formatted differently can we please change that one? I have a website and social media pages with this name, and the issues it's causing on Goodreads are very frustrating. :(

message 3: by Emily (last edited Sep 10, 2019 06:14AM) (new)

Emily | 13161 comments You can contact Support and have them switch you to the default profile.
It doesn't matter whether an author is a Goodreads Author or not. Goodreads uses spaces to differentiate between authors with the same name.
Support can connect you with the boxset on the default profile and switch the other person to the two space profile. (Librarians don't have access to your profile, which is why I am referring you.)
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 4: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Faye (fayebooks) | 4 comments Emily wrote: "You can contact Support and have them switch you to the default profile.
It doesn't matter whether an author is a Goodreads Author or not. Goodreads uses spaces to differentiate between authors wi..."

Thank you, I've submitted the support message.

message 5: by Fel (new)

Fel (scotzig) | 2 comments I corrected the naming issue so none of your existing or new books will be attributed to the old unclaimed account. Support will still have to merge your account with the one-space account.

Cassandra wrote: "Hello!

Can someone please help us get the correct Cassandra Faye linked to this boxset? We posted about it before when the book went live, but it's still not fixed.

For some reason, my name in G..."

message 6: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra Faye (fayebooks) | 4 comments Fel wrote: "I corrected the naming issue so none of your existing or new books will be attributed to the old unclaimed account. Support will still have to merge your account with the one-space account."

OMG! Thank you so much! I'll submit a support request right away!