Play Book Tag discussion

Kim
This topic is about Kim
Archive: Other Books > Kim / Rudyard Kipling. 1.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8014 comments 1.5 stars

Kim is an orphan. Apparently, this is 19th century India. This is all I know.

What’s a baboo? What’s a lama? (I know Dalai Lama is a title, but I still don’t know what a lama is.) Mack Boob. Mack Bow Valley (or Mack Bow Bally?) - these are what might have been names (or what sounded like it on the audio). Thou and thee. I heard these words over and over. Beyond that, nothing registered. It just didn’t interest me enough to keep my attention… not even a little bit. I did catch, at the very start, that Kim was an orphan. That’s it. That’s all I know. It got an extra .5 because I didn’t hate it. I didn’t hate it because I wasn’t paying attention. Hate is strong.

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6060 comments I remember this with great fondness although I like other Kipling more. However, I read it not listened to it, and I was a teenager. Might make the difference.

annapi | 4850 comments I've never read this but I watched the movie when I was a kid, and it fascinated me. It was confusing at first, then when it got into the espionage part it got really interesting. I keep meaning to read this one day, but I might end up just looking for the movie again.

LibraryCin | 8014 comments annapi wrote: "I've never read this but I watched the movie when I was a kid, and it fascinated me. It was confusing at first, then when it got into the espionage part it got really interesting. I keep meaning to..."

LOL! Without reading a summary (after I finished "listening"), I wouldn't have known there was any espionage in it!

LibraryCin | 8014 comments Theresa wrote: "I remember this with great fondness although I like other Kipling more. However, I read it not listened to it, and I was a teenager. Might make the difference."

It's possible. "Classics" are hit or miss for me, anyway, but to not even follow the gist when I did tune in is pretty bad, even for me when I'm not interested. Usually I still get the gist of what's going on!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8148 comments Cindy - stick with TV instead! Only halfway through SYTYCD, but it’s fabulous! Blown away!

LibraryCin | 8014 comments Amy wrote: "Cindy - stick with TV instead! Only halfway through SYTYCD, but it’s fabulous! Blown away!"

LOL! I haven't yet watched this week. Not sure if they announced the winner or just danced and will announce winner next week. I assume winner is next week.