What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Novel about a girl whose sister goes missing, and she's locked up by her brother-in-law

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 1 comments I read this book about 10 years ago and is set in the 1990s/2000s. I believe the cover was purple-ish, with a girl looking out a window on the right side.

This book is about a teenage girl who's very close to her older sister. Their parents are dead or out of the picture. The sister meets (and marries?) a rich, older man, and both sisters go to live with him. I believe he has two children, a boy and a girl. The husband has really strict rules, and butts heads with the protagonist. The daughter buys into her father's weird rule structure, but the son doesn't. The main part of the plot occurs when the sister goes missing and the protagonist is locked up in a tower or guest house or something as a punishment to follow the rules.

Also there is something about a swan? I remember something like the sister gives the protagonist a stuffed swan possibly with a note hidden inside.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?

message 2: by Kris (last edited Sep 15, 2019 07:48AM) (new)

Kris | 32339 comments Mod
Elizabeth, what is the story's time period and location (country/region/city/town)?

What is the man's job/skills? How did he become rich?

Is this a psychological thriller for older adults or teens (young adults)?