What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Blood Memory
This topic is about Blood Memory
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult mystery/thriller/suspense about a pregnant female investigator (possibly forensic) who returns to her childhood home. [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 2 comments I read this book in paperback about 5-10 years ago, I think it's somewhat current, maybe published sometime after 2000. It's an adult mystery/thriller by an author who's name I recognized but don't remember now. (So it's a more popular author, not an obscure author with just one or two titles.) The main character was a woman who works as a detective, police officer or forensic investigator of some kind. She gets called to the scene of a crime right away at the beginning of the book but I don't remember anything about the crime. She runs into a male police officer and it turns out she's having an affair with him (he's married) and she's pregnant with his baby. Then at some point she takes a trip to her childhood home (in the country? or at least very isolated). She's there for some particular reason, maybe to see her parents or visit or something. She's staying in her old childhood bedroom and for some reason uses a blacklight or some other forensic tool on the floor and finds very old bloodstains on the floor. So then she realizes there's a weird mystery going on at her childhood home that she has to figure out. I feel like it was set in the south, like Louisiana or Georgia? It felt a little Southern-gothic.

Wynn (wynnga) | 17 comments Blood Memory by Greg Iles.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

(Odontologist working with the police/Pregnant by married man/ returns to childhood home outside of New Orleans/uses blacklight in her childhood bedroom)

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 2 comments Wynn wrote: "Blood Memory by Greg Iles.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

(Odontologist working with the police/Pregnant by married man/ returns to childhood home outside of New Orleans/u..."

YES!! Thank you so much!! I was focusing on a female writer, I'm so happy you found this!!