Period Five - Independent Reading Updates discussion

November 2019 > Independent Reading Goal

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mariah (last edited Oct 24, 2019 06:08PM) (new)

Mariah | 8 comments Mod
Come up with a reading goal for yourself for this month. Look at the photos uploaded (to the right of the screen, you will see a link that says, "photos"). You may use these as examples for your goal. This is a personal goal and something YOU want to achieve as a reader by the end of this month. Remember - make it realistic!
DUE by Friday, 11/01.

message 2: by Tailah (new)

Tailah Rohrer | 5 comments My reading goal for the month is to get over half way through the book and I will achieve this goal by reading for 5 minutes a day.

message 3: by Paloma (new)

Paloma Lemin | 4 comments My goal for the month is to read 10 minutes a day or more.

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Berry | 2 comments My goal for this month is to read 1-3 chapters a week.

message 5: by Tnyha (new)

Tnyha | 1 comments my goal for the month is to read a book

message 6: by Dillon (new)

Dillon Yinger | 3 comments My goal is to finish my book by at most a month and maybe as soon as 2 weeks to finish it. my goal is to read like 30 pages a day.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Witt | 6 comments MY reading goal this month is to read an hour this month because i don't really read enough anymore

message 8: by Joseph (new)

Joseph J. | 5 comments my goal is to finish the book i am reading (Crossroads of Twilight) and hopefully finish the next book in the series. i am a fast reader so this goal should be achievable, even though it's something like 800 pages by the end of the month.

message 9: by Annabell (new)

Annabell | 5 comments My independent reading goal is to read at least 10 minutes a day. This will help me finish my book in 1-2 months.

message 10: by Cooper (new)

Cooper | 4 comments The goal that I have for the year is to read more than 15 books.

message 11: by Meriem (new)

Meriem | 5 comments My goal for this month is to finish at least half of the book. I will achieve this goal by reading for at least 15 minutes each day.

message 12: by Helena (last edited Nov 01, 2019 09:03AM) (new)

Helena Henderson | 4 comments My reading goal for this month to finish my book (I'm already halfway through) and read 10-20 minutes everyday.

message 13: by Isiah (new)

Isiah | 3 comments My goal this month is too read at least on book

message 14: by Ethan (new)

Ethan Rensel | 5 comments My goal is to at least read 2-3 books this year. I am not the most excited reader so If I can read of few books that would be good for me. If I don't reach this goal, I will try to find ways to read more in my life so that I can reach my goal.

message 15: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Pascual | 4 comments My goal for this month is to at least read 5 chapters in a week.

message 16: by Em (new)

Em Brown | 6 comments My reading goal is to read three to five chapters in my book.RoseBlood

message 17: by Emily (new)

Emily Kresge | 3 comments My goal for this month is to read every night before I sleep instead of being on my phone.

message 18: by Cole (new)

Cole Cappawana | 5 comments My goal this month is to complete my book that I have selected. I will achieve this goal by reading everyday for at least 10 minutes.

message 19: by Komal (new)

Komal Bhatoya | 4 comments My goal for the month is to read at least 20 minutes a day

message 20: by Bodeyteter (new)

Bodeyteter | 7 comments I wanna read a book in 5 yrs

message 21: by Jedrik (new)

Jedrik | 4 comments My reading goal this month is to read 10 books and to read more.

message 22: by Christioni (new)

Christioni Joy | 5 comments My reading goal is to read at least three chapters every week. I am going to achieve this goal by reading at least 5 minutes everyday and during free time, such as period 9.

message 23: by Adam (new)

Adam Lepley | 6 comments My goal for this month is to ask my peers and my teacher questions whenever I don't know how to do something.

message 24: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 4 comments My independent reading goal is to finish the book. I will read 5+ chapters every weekend.

message 25: by Tyler (new)

Tyler Hoffman | 5 comments My goal for this month is to read 30 minutes every 2 days.

message 26: by Mariah (new)

Mariah | 8 comments Mod
Cooper wrote: "The goal that I have for the year is to read more than 15 books."

You need a goal for the month - not the year!

message 27: by Mariah (new)

Mariah | 8 comments Mod
Adam wrote: "My goal for this month is to ask my peers and my teacher questions whenever I don't know how to do something."

This should be a reading goal!

message 28: by Mariah (new)

Mariah | 8 comments Mod
Bodeyteter wrote: "I wanna read a book in 5 yrs"

This is not a valid goal.

message 29: by Cooper (new)

Cooper | 4 comments I like that the book has history of sports. What I dislike is the length of the book.Its tellimg me about jackie robinison.the charatchers are jackie robinson,his wife,his coaches, and his family.The plot is progressing and its getting to the part when he going to the pros. One prediction I made is that people arent going to like him in the pros because of him being black.

message 30: by Tailah (new)

Tailah Rohrer | 5 comments My reading goal this month is to read 25 minutes a week and I will do this by getting all my work done them reading.

message 31: by Devon (new)

Devon | 6 comments my reading goal in the month of November is to read 1 book

message 32: by Bodeyteter (last edited Jan 21, 2020 12:22PM) (new)

Bodeyteter | 7 comments I want to be able to read and finish the current book i am reading now and the next two books in the series.I would also like to read about 15 minutes a day.