Period Eight - Independent Reading Updates discussion

November 2019 > Independent Reading Goal

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miss (last edited Oct 24, 2019 06:03PM) (new)

Miss Miller | 15 comments Mod
Come up with a reading goal for yourself for this month. Look at the photos uploaded (to the right of the screen, you will see a link that says, "photos"). You may use these as examples for your goal. This is a personal goal and something YOU want to achieve as a reader by the end of this month. Remember - make it realistic!
DUE by Friday, 11/01.

message 2: by Kyla (new)

Kyla Mitchell | 5 comments One of my goals is to remember to record my progress every time I need to. To go with that I need to make sure I remember to remember what happened so that my response is accurate. I also want to try and read a little bit every day.

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan Seibert | 6 comments My goals for this school year are to read a bit every night and also, to have read at least ten long chapter books by the end of the year.

message 4: by Eduardo (new)

Eduardo | 4 comments My goal will be to start and finish each book that I read. This goal will be to read the entire Temeraire books series before the end of the year. This will be an acceptable goal because I have a lot of books to read. About six or seven.

message 5: by Greta (new)

Greta H | 4 comments My goal for this school year is to try and read new genres. I want to explore books outside of what I typically read while also challenging myself to find that just right book.

message 6: by Simon (new)

Simon Stump | 6 comments My goal for this school year is to read three non-fiction book this year. I typicaly read a lot of fiction so this will change things up. I also will learn some new things

message 7: by Zane (new)

Zane Irvin | 2 comments My goal for this year is to read about 700 pages of any genre. I want to try to get some variety in my reading. I usually read fantasy.

message 8: by Zane (new)

Zane Irvin | 2 comments Ms. Miller, I just realized that I used my home email to sign up. Will that be a problem?

message 9: by Miss (new)

Zane wrote: "My goal for this year is to read about 700 pages of any genre. I want to try to get some variety in my reading. I usually read fantasy."

No, Zane. You should be fine!

message 10: by Miss (new)

Zane wrote: "Ms. Miller, I just realized that I used my home email to sign up. Will that be a problem?"

You should be fine! Ignore my other comment.

message 11: by Miss (new)

Kyla wrote: "One of my goals is to remember to record my progress every time I need to. To go with that I need to make sure I remember to remember what happened so that my response is accurate. I also want to t..."

This is great - What's most important to me is that you are finding books you love and making a little time for them each day.

message 12: by Miss (new)

Zane wrote: "My goal for this year is to read about 700 pages of any genre. I want to try to get some variety in my reading. I usually read fantasy."

I love fantasy! Thanks for sharing.

message 13: by Miss (new)

Simon wrote: "My goal for this school year is to read three non-fiction book this year. I typicaly read a lot of fiction so this will change things up. I also will learn some new things"

There are so many good non-fiction books. Any specific types of non-fiction you are looking for?

message 14: by Miss (new)

Greta wrote: "My goal for this school year is to try and read new genres. I want to explore books outside of what I typically read while also challenging myself to find that just right book."

Find a book you love and never let it go!

message 15: by Miss (new)

Eduardo wrote: "My goal will be to start and finish each book that I read. This goal will be to read the entire Temeraire books series before the end of the year. This will be an acceptable goal because I have a l..."

Eddy - that's so good to hear. I can't wait to read your updates!

message 16: by Miss (new)

Nathan wrote: "My goals for this school year are to read a bit every night and also, to have read at least ten long chapter books by the end of the year."

The most important thing to me is that you find books you love and make a little time for them each day :)

message 17: by Emerson (new)

Emerson | 5 comments 𝑀𝓎 𝑔𝑜𝒶𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇 𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝒹𝒾𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝑔𝑒𝓃𝓇𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝑜𝑜𝓀𝓈. 𝐼 𝓊𝓈𝓊𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓂𝑒 𝑔𝑒𝓃𝓇𝑒, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝑒𝓍𝓅𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝒸𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃.

message 18: by Ida (new)

Ida Wilkins | 4 comments My goal this year is to find a book that brings new valuable information into my life, and to read each book thoroughly and with understanding.

message 19: by Calvin (new)

Calvin Cavada | 3 comments My goal for this year is to read a book that I actually enjoy. If I get a few chapters into the book and realize that I don't like it, I want to stop reading this book and not just suffer through it because I'm too lazy to switch books.

message 20: by Chumnuo (new)

Chumnuo | 15 comments My goal for this year is to read at least 2 GOOD books a month. I also want to try other genres and try to see why people like those genres so much that I haven't really explored.

message 21: by Rouvana (last edited Nov 03, 2019 04:07PM) (new)

Rouvana | 5 comments My goal for this year is to read 20 books. I will complete this by reading at least 5 books per month. I also want to try new genres and different authors. For this month, I would like to start off slow and read 1 book and 10 minutes a day.

message 22: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 6 comments My goal for this year is to read 15 or more books. I will complete this by reading 3 or 4 books a month. For this month I would like to try new books I wouldn't usually read or different authors.

message 23: by Kadin (new)

Kadin R. | 5 comments My goal is to read 40 books this year and hopefully get there to well I know I can last year I was able to read 46 books so hopefully, I can get to my goal by the end of the year.

message 24: by James (new)

James Dignan (jamesdignan) | 4 comments my goal is to read at least 15 books this year and for me to actually finish them And I would like to expand my knowledge and me wanting to read about books.

message 25: by Bayleigh (new)

Bayleigh Foose | 1 comments My goal is to read 20 books before the end of the school year.I will accomplish my goal by reading 10 books every month.

message 26: by Alex (new)

Alex | 5 comments My Goal is to finish my book by the end of the month.