Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Booksprout, Good?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Harron | 10 comments I am new to this group, and I have a question. I recently discovered Booksprout, and I wondered if anyone had a good experience or is this a site to avoid?

message 2: by Zee (new)

Zee Monodee (zee_monodee) | 47 comments I tried it out last month and got a few good reviews. So far, it looks much better than Netgalley. You can actually 'ban' someone from reviewing you on Booksprout if they asked for your book but failed to review. Not the case on Netgalley.

message 3: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Harron | 10 comments Thank you for the help. Good to know.

message 4: by Jana (new)

Jana Miller (jana_miller) I used it for the first time this month and was happy with it. I didn’t get as many ARC readers out of it as I hoped for, but the ones I got actually followed through and left reviews. And you can give the link to people who are interested in reading and reviewing.

message 5: by Daisy (new)

Daisy Sauceda (daisysauceda) | 5 comments I use booksprout to review books. I love it because it keeps me up to date with my authors. The only drawback I have is that if the due date is the same day as a release and the book does not have a paperback then my review may not post on time with amazon sometimes it takes a couple of days for a review to post on Amazon. Booksprout holds the reviewed book in question hostage and will not let you get another book by that author til it is complete which I totally understand.

message 6: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments I've been a member since it first came out but aside from a dozen followers I don't have much to show for it or say about it.

message 7: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Harron | 10 comments Thanks for all of the responses. I have found the most difficult part of indie publishing is the promotion. Thanks again.