The Corner Bar & Social Club discussion

Politics > Forgive the college debt and free tuition?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Robert, Bartender (new)

Robert Roberts (goodreadscomrobertroberts) | 125 comments Mod
If I were someone who had paid my sixty-thousand dollar college loan for the last twenty years, and all of a sudden everyone else got their debt erased I would really be pissed! Then on top of it, everyone started getting tuition free college. You got to be kidding. The government doesn't even need to be involved in the loan business.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Sakitis | 13 comments I have to agree. Although I did not have that kind of debt, a person knows what they are getting into before they go to college, so they need to be prepared !

message 3: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 121 comments I agree. I did have college debt and I paid it. If I were paying it now and people were going for free and getting their debt wiped out I’d be pissed.

message 4: by William (new)

William (acknud) | 11 comments I am mixed on this. I had my loans paid down to about 40K in early 2000's. Then my marriage deteriorated and I was not even aware. My wife started spending our money on other things. Failed to pay the house or student loans for about a year. I almost lost everything. as it is, with interest, fees and lawyer fees, my SL is above what it was. I see no end in sight so I just have to put it out of my mind.

message 5: by Robert, Bartender (new)

Robert Roberts (goodreadscomrobertroberts) | 125 comments Mod
Bummer!