Axis Mundi X discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed for the Winter > why might people sell their bodies?

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Xio (new)

Xio (xioj) | 40 comments So, I am lately in a situation where I am feeling pushed to a point where my options are limited. There have been options placed before me where certain men might provide me with amounts of money or property or whatnot in exchange for sexual favors.I haven't followed through with any of these offers, not yet at least. I wasn't raped or whatever, ever, really...I am very open minded, I guess..even though I've been poorly used with regard to these things.

So, with regard to the Magdalen post, and who gave her this name anyhow? What (to paraphrase the Minutemen: makes a man start fires?) might persuade a person, male or female to consider or to follow through with exchanging their bodies for goods/services?

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (ingenting) Well, money. And I don't mean money for crack. I mean the fact that sometimes a person can make more money in the sex industry than they can in the so-called straight world.
For example, I went to school with a few girls who worked in strip clubs to put themselves through college. Then they would struggle with the fact that after they graduated, they would take serious pay cuts getting more "mainstream" work.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 14, 2008 09:05PM) (new)

seriously xio

way dumb idea

sell your computer if you need money
sell your clothes
go to the food bank

ask those shitty christians to help you out

ask friends

ask family

i'll send ya ten bucks-i'd send more but i haven't had a job for over a year and am dependent on my daughter-yah like that's fun
bend over mom

get a waitress job

a parking lot attendent job

a greeter at fucking walmart job

sleep off the buzz

and start over in the morning

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

hey xio if you haven't gone to sleep
please note my post on the maggie thread

not judgin the idea occuring because i think it does for every woman in their 20's-it did for me

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

grrreeeeaaaattt
is xio goes on a crazy coke binge and does every gov on the eastern seaboard for $20 and a toaster i just know somehow it's going to be my fault

come back zio xio
remember me
the one who told ya to hang tough?

message 6: by Xio (last edited Mar 14, 2008 10:07PM) (new)

Xio (xioj) | 40 comments Nah, Not sure Mo gets it, not my sitch at least. I have plenty of pals in the sex industry; waitressing or otherwise is selling yourself too, just for less money, in my opinion selling yourself is selling yourself. But of course, I'm an elitist, watching Omen trilogy with my sleeping darlings near me.

I won't sell myself like that, or in any way, maybe.

Sleep off the buzz? Donald, I wish it were less chicken and egg-ish!

Can't sleep off reality. Just wake up in my children's loving gazes. Ah...

And hell I just turned 36. It isn't about drugs. It's about compromising on any level. I hate this sell-my-soul culture.

message 7: by Xio (new)

Xio (xioj) | 40 comments Farina: Ah, I was restin' so fine. Now I gotta get up and earn
fifty bucks. Doggone.

Joe: You make me sick. If you don't want the fifty dollars,
okay. Don't take it.

Farina: Fifty bucks? Oh, I thought you said fifteen.

Joe: Hey Farina, do you want fifty bucks real money?

Farina: Yeah, I guess I'll take it. Lay it on that box over yonder."
— Hal Roach et al/ Little Rascals

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony My dad was a Chicago cop. He specialized in breaking up auto theft rings. He used to say, "If I grew up in a shitty neighborhood in the south side I'd be stealing cars too." By the way, he did swear a lot, so I know I at least got one thing from my dad.

This is one area in which I agree with my dad. If you come from an area with bad schools, no role models, crumbling buildings, etc. and all the middle class folks across downtown are making it look easy, how do you not want some of that, too? I think it's easy to say, "pull yourself up from your bootstraps! Work your way up to college!" when you're not from that situation. I hate when the media hold up the one person out of a 1,000 who transcends that horrible start and then implies "everyone can do it!" Yeah, listen, I was a first generation college student, I worked my ass off, I paid for 90% of my own education, etc., but I also came from a warm home where food was available. Sure, my family had problems, but they made sure I went to school and got me a library card. As someone who taught for four years on the west and south sides of chicago, believe me, that's not guaranteed.

Does that mean the people in the inner city should be free of all moral responsibility? Of course not. It does mean, in my eyes, that social and economic programs could play a role in improving conditions. Our government, including us, plays a role in accepting the squalor that spawns, to a greater degree, prostitution of the poor. Check out how much money is spent per pupil in a gleaming, suburban high school. Then check out how much money is spent per pupil in your local urban area. It's fucking WRONG. No way around it. Do I think there are easy answers? No. Of course not. This is too big of an issue for one or many posts. But I hate, hate, that (wrong group, eh?) that "if those poor people just worked harder, they'd be ok!" bullshit. Let's see you move into the city, send your kids to shitty schools, and never read books with them and you see how easy it is for your kids to get into college.

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Oh, and extra points to Xio for quoting the mighty Minutemen...

message 10: by Kristjan (last edited Mar 15, 2008 06:20AM) (new)

Kristjan (booktroll) Randomanthony said: Check out how much money is spent per pupil in a gleaming, suburban high school. Then check out how much money is spent per pupil in your local urban area. It's f**king WRONG. No way around it. Do I think there are easy answers? No. Of course not. This is too big of an issue for one or many posts.

There are some simple answers ... excepting the fact that you can't get everyone to agree on them they would be easy too. To begin with, the way education is funded in the US is absolutely nuts. If anything should be funded by a national income tax, education would be it.

Personally, I would go so far as to make teachers a national corps (or at least a state corps) and have them move around ... maybe even require a 'tour' through the inner cities before giving them tenure ... see what they are really made of :)

However ... it is a two way street. The kids gotta want to succeed and I grew up with a significant number of kids that just didn't try. So I disagree with your take against the mantra of everyone can do it ... I think they can. I just think we could be providing more help, but ultimately it IS up to them.

shellyindallas xio- waitressing is selling food and beverages, not yourself.

message 12: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I see what you're saying, Kristjan. I agree that we have to be careful to avoid characterizing some people are inherently deficient. Let me rephrase the statement, then, to one in which we could most likely both agree:

"Everyone can do it with the proper resources and support."

Does that work?

message 13: by Tim (last edited Mar 15, 2008 06:35AM) (new)

Tim Id add one wee other condition onto that RA if i may - incentive or motivation. (for most people)

I had plenty of resources and support, but i also had a huge well of despair about what the point of it all was.. Particularly after being exposed to abject human suffering in a war torn land filled with lack of real hope. I left high school without qualifications because i became so disillusioned with "education" in the face of Life disappointment.
Granted, that is probably not normal, so on the whole i would agree with ye.

xio, i hear ye. I would guess (not being in a similar situation) that when looking out for others as well as yerself, one may indeed spread wider ones sense of what ones options are. That is two sided however. I think the risks would have to be weighed up, and again i would guess that the risks could potentially be high. :s I hope well fer ye.

message 14: by Kristjan (new)

Kristjan (booktroll) Randomanthony said: Let me rephrase the statement, then, to one in which we could most likely both agree:

"Everyone can do it with the proper resources and support."

Does that work?

Agree 100% :)

message 15: by Kristjan (last edited Mar 15, 2008 06:43AM) (new)

Kristjan (booktroll) Seek said Id add one wee other condition onto that RA if i may - incentive or motivation. (for most people)

I think that has always been a tacit condition :) Sorta like leading a horse to water ...

However, I see the ability to motivate students as a component of support. While you may have support in other areas, if you need help getting motivated, you aren't getting the support you require.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I'm with Shelly on this one. How is waitressing selling one's self?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

life's a compromise between hope and despair

always

for everyone

the trick is some feel it more keenly

some medicate it away with food, or sex, or the shiny things they buy

ask anyone their life story

somewhere there is a struggle

even the obscenely rich and priviledged eventually have to check in with their own soul

perhaps they get away with it until the very end

but that makes us poor schmucks luckier i think

xio you are not human garbage

even if someone else tells you so

i've been down the road of taking care of babies with no money to do so

i knew full well that it was a 20 year deal and when i was done i'd still be fucked by society's standards no house, bad job, beat up car

i've been evicted, i've gone to food banks, i've lived on foodstamps, i've chopped wood when i couldn't afford oil and i listened to politicians talk about "welfare reform" when it was the only thing feeding my children

i despaired and despaired and despaired and the only thing that kept me from taking a long walk in the woods with a shotgun was the beautiful trees swaying in the breeze
the white clouds floatin by
a puppy dog at my feet and my children's big brown eyes

i'm not bitching at you
i'm cheering you on

message 18: by Xio (last edited Mar 15, 2008 06:22PM) (new)

Xio (xioj) | 40 comments Waitressing is the art of selling your personality; the art of selling the restaurant's persona, aura and status (at least with fine dining in a large city, something I've done for more than half my life)to the clients and offering them a full experience for their cash-outlay.

The more I put my sense of self-confidence, flirted and joked with the clientele, the more money I would recieve in tips. It is very very much like being a Geisha or a modern day Japanese "Hostess" (something many American women are flocking over to Japan to seek work doing).

As for engaging in anything that doesn't position me to receive as much money as I feel I am investing my personality into, it is then as far as I am concerned, akin to prostitution on the crack whore level. Working for less than at the very least $30 an hr is humiliating to me. TO ME, I said.

That all explained... The offers I am receiving are less to do with outright sex for cash and more along the lines of companionship for a kind of exchange. Like dining out, and so on.
Things I enjoy doing but can no longer afford as I am no longer gainfully (ahem) employed. I cough because as far as I'm concerned, doing what I am doing now is much more soul-restoring and enriching in *any* case. (spending time with my kids, writing, friends)

Sacrificing my time, family, talent for a pittance for the sake of some made up moralist stance is the real joke--and misfortune--to me.

message 19: by Xio (new)

Xio (xioj) | 40 comments And to set any records straight Maureen a(nd any other of you mostly females commenting on my thread out there) I do not personally evaluate myself as human garbage...though I feel this culture might. It is that I refuse to adopt handed-down notions of what might justify or provide substance to my self-confidence that I largely reject.

I am f'ing fantastic. How do I know? My kids love me wholeheartedly.

For example. ;)

And it tells me alot about how you are all seeming to judge these women who do choose these methods of making money. Who is human garbage anyway? Is there really a class of people like this? (I think there are, the way most people carry on, but that is for another thread)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

ok xio
you're a moron
you are the one who came seeking justification
so perhaps you judge it
otherwise you'd just do it

yep i judge you

take the easy way out and show your children the easy way to make a buck is to let people use your body

yah the guys just want dinner

message 21: by Xio (new)

Xio (xioj) | 40 comments Unless Maureen pays me about EU100 up front to reply to her insulting and inane comments I'll be outside playing football with my boys.;) Taking the easy way out, natch!

message 22: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I like cookies.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

100 eu that's what $150 us?

nah

my allowance is only about $20 a week

no cookies but i got cake little boys

won't you come out and play

ok ewww-just creeped myself out

message 24: by Sarah (last edited Mar 15, 2008 01:36PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I wouldn't compare waitresses to whores but I do wonder what the difference is between a hooker on a street corner and a gold-digger who marries/dates/has sex with men just because they're rich or because they buy them things.

And I'm with Donald here. I don't buy the BS you're spouting about how trading sex for money is somehow less humiliating than making less than $30 an hour. That's the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

ETA: When I was working I made roughly $22 an hour and there was nothing humiliating about it. It was decent, honest work and I could look myself in the eye every morning. It had its stresses and crummy days, for sure. But I never felt cheap or wondered how people would think of me when I told them my profession. I can't tell you how insulting and offensive it is for you to imply that because I made $45K a year I was higher on the humiliation scale than a common whore. How. Effing. Dare. You. Saying "to me" doesn't make it any less insulting to those of us who'd rather make an honest living.

shellyindallas oh jesus. I waited tables and bartended for the better part of the last 15 years of my life.

I never flirted with anybody who I wasn't genuinely interested in, and I never encountered any customers who expected me to entertain them--just smile, take their order, and bring their fucking food or drinks in a timely manner.

So, I guess none of the customer's I "serviced" enjoyed the "full experience".

The restaurant's persona and aura exist without the server. (ie, Waffle House vs. Morton's) Server's come and go, sometimes w/in days.

Generally, people who haven't worked in the service industry who eat out and go to bars don't know why the hell they're tipping. They just know it's what's expected when you go out,and they know (hopefully) that the person waiting on them makes around $2/hr. So if the service didn't suck (the attitudes were pleasant enough, the food was good enough, etc) then they tip. Everybody has an idea about what a good tip is and what a poor tip is, and they usually stick to that no matter how much a particular waitress makes them laugh or sticks their tits in their face.

Waiting tables sucks, but asking some dude if he wants cracked pepper on his salad or another manhattan is miles from sucking that guy's dick or letting him stick it in your ass for money.

If you'd rather do that then wait tables cos that's where all the money is, go for it. Fucking go to Vegas where that shit's legal so you can avoid trouble. But don't delude yourself into thinking that you've made the same decision as the girl down the street from you who works at the fancy steakhouse downtown.

message 26: by Xio (last edited Mar 15, 2008 05:40PM) (new)

Xio (xioj) | 40 comments (chuckling to herself over blueberry blintzes, we aren't having cookies tonight)

Wow, in spite of all y'all's extensive experience in Fine Dining (cough: Morton's,Waffle House?!) actually, as I made clear, people in larger cities DO tend to know what to tip and tend to tip very well when you make them feel at ease, familiar and taken very well care of. Like Geishas, Hostesses and Professional Companions, or what have you.

I would never suggest that people haven't slit their wrists over hooking and I wouldn't presume to suggest there aren't people out there also extremely depressed in general who are waiting tables, working at Borders and so on and counting down the days til they suicide as well.

I simply do not wish to trade myself for cash, in ANY form. And I have not done so. My initial question was why 'one' might do so. I also later clarified that my situation is rather different and specific to myself and regardless of what certain among you might think there are people who enjoy my company so much they are willing to cover me--those people range in types from a dear female friend to a person who went so far as to propose with the clearly stated angle that I would be free to not work for the rest of my life, unless it was to assist him in his work or something after my own desires.

I also never suggested that working for less than fill-in-blank is across the board humiliating, only that *I* find it to be so. Everyone is welcome to do as they please...I merely point out that I myself would prefer it to be what they truly are pleased to do and not just crap they do to pay bills that they can get. If this is *Marxist* crap, Donald, I'm not certain how. Anti-Authoritarian yes.

I am always interested in though really never intending to generate the amount of vitriol and emotion my posts tend to create. I think this is probably a very sensitive subject for most people. That is not at debate, either. I am curious about why we draw lines and I haven't seen anyone but myself actually bring up the idea that the culture, ideology, wage-slavery, morality, etc might have a part to play. Everyone seems comfortable with drawing their lines and saying their opinions without examining the sources of these perspectives.

OK. New thread: Why do I keep trying to examine these things here? Should I continue trying? Honestly.

EDIT:

RandomAnthony, I apologize. You did offer several cogent points.

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Xio, a friend treating you to dinner is totally different from the original issue you brought up in this thread. You said "There have been options placed before me where certain men might provide me with amounts of money or property or whatnot in exchange for sexual favors."

message 28: by Xio (last edited Mar 15, 2008 06:33PM) (new)

Xio (xioj) | 40 comments My question was in the second paragraph:

So, with regard to the Magdalen post, and who gave her this name anyhow? What (to paraphrase the Minutemen: makes a man start fires?) might persuade a person, male or female to consider or to follow through with exchanging their bodies for goods/services?

Which is distinct from my contextualizing information. I apologize if that was confusing.

EDIT:

Something disturbing just clearly happened where there was a question from me to me. I may have been hacked, just changed my password & profile pic as of 9:30EST. As we may or may not all know there is someone trying to harm me. If anybody notices anything untoward in their mailboxes please let me and the GR staff know. I am certainly not responsible unless we count my not just being cowed off of all my online spots.

-------------------

That said I am betwixt and between income sources. Not altogether interested in disclosing this info online.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

yah and i'm the mean one
least i'm not fuckin with people for my own amusement
wait a minute
ok at least i'm not fucking with people for my own amusement by trying to get them to talk me out of prostituting myself and then calling them an uptight judgemental ass when they try

1500 war protestors in hollywood today

shellyindallas The (cough) Waffle House and Morton references were just that, references intended to demonstrate the difference in persona/aura from one restaurant to another.

And, last I checked, Dallas is a "big" city.

Sarah brought up a good point, which you dismissed by saying what your original question was, and that it was simply contextualizing information.

Also, above you say you "do not wish to trade yourself for cash" but that you (unbelievably apparently) have friends that are willing to "treat" you. How nice of you to let other people pay for the pleasure of your company! No trade for cash there!

But I guess that comment was just more "contextualizing information". Guess it's ok if you don't answer your original question directly and specifically.

And since you wanna know so bad, I have no fucking idea what would compel a person to trade their body for goods/services, I've never been in that position and wouldn't pretend to know.

message 31: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
Sarah... I do wonder what the difference is between a hooker on a street corner and a gold-digger who marries/dates/has sex with men just because they're rich or because they buy them things.

That is a question I have thought about many times. Having found myself in the middle of a marriage where I had fallen pretty harshly out of love with my husband, struggling with it, and then having him tell me that as long as I put out to him once a week we could stay married... well, that was just gross. At that point I would have just been a well paid, live in prostitute. I determined for myself that I would rather live in a gutter, a cardboard box, or my mother's garage than live like that. I think a lot of marriages are like prostitution... it's sad. But when the economic power rests primarily in the hands of one gender, I'm afraid that is inevitable.

message 32: by Sarah (last edited Mar 15, 2008 06:51PM) (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) The thought that spawned my comment was actually a special I saw about girls who sleep with professional athletes. There are women who know when and where these men will be when they are in town and they make themselves available in exchange for fancy dinners, jewelry, etc. Some of the (married) athletes had these women on speed dial. These women were not considered prostitutes, presumably because they didn't receive actual cash as their payment. I see no difference between these women and call girls.

But I also wonder about the young bimbettes who marry the rich old men for money.

I should also make it clear that I don't think all women who don't work and whose husbands support them financially don't fall into that category. I'm a housewife as many of you know. I just don't want to give the wrong impression to someone who doesn't know me and might be reading this.

message 33: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Of course not Sarah... the traditional arrangement of one spouse who works outside the home and another spouse who works inside them home, both of whom have equal power in the marriage, is a solid arrangement, and in the best of circumstances can be a truly blissful scenario, especially if there are children to raise. It is unfortunate that human nature and cultural flaws can also make the same arrangement be a living hell for the spouse who works inside the home with no economic or legal power to keep things balanced.

I think any kind of marriage can fall into a situation of servitude which becomes loosed from the moorings of love and respect upon which any healthy exchange is based. It doesn't take a great amount of wealth or age difference to create that. But that is the stereotype.

The exchange of sexual favors for economic benefits is the oldest arrangement in the world. I think it's an interesting topic, and that there is a whole spectrum of behavior which overlaps with it. It would be interesting to see a comprehensive study of all the nuanced relationships that exist, with their pros and cons... with actual interviews and profiles... that would be fascinating.

message 34: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Well, Xio, it seems to me like you have answered your own question. A cavalier attitude toward sex and the desire to make lots of money without having to work seem like they would be reasons a person would sell their bodies.

I'm not really sure why you're asking us, since you seem to have made up your mind about it already. Unless it is, as Maureen suggests, a desire for attention/wanting to be talked out of it. Maybe you should ask someone in that profession what led them to it. And then you can ask them how they feel about themselves.

message 35: by Tim (last edited Mar 16, 2008 04:28AM) (new)

Tim I knew someone (from a distance) at Uni who worked as an exotic dancer to fund her way through Uni. She said she was content with it. I cant offer any other insights however or know if she merely wanted to present the idea that she was content or not.

A couple of books on the topic.

Stripped: Inside the Lives of Exotic Dancers
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/44...
google books link

Dancing for Dollars and Paying for Love: The Relationships between Exotic Dancers and Their Regulars
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36...

Briefly, a couple of articles about selling one's body for money:

Student forced into prostitution by the spiralling cost of fees

Cambridge students 'work as escorts'

My personal view is that anyone should have the freedom to choose to do as they wish, as long as it does not harm others. Yes, this means that i think that prostitution etc should be entirely legal. (just like i think anything should be legal as long as it does not harm others)

However, the risk is exploitation. The only caveats i would have is that anyone involved be fully informed, a consenting adult and know all the risks, physically, emotionally and mentally.

message 36: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

I would just like to point out the stripping and hooking are very different. Strippers get to say who touches them, when and how. They are showing their bodies, but not necessarily having sex with people for money. I'm sure that stripping can be demeaning in it's own ways (or not, depending on the situation)... but I don't think it can be lumped together with prostitution in one category.

message 37: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (ingenting) I agree with you, Charissa, regarding the differences between stripping and hooking. I'm sure at times strippers have been offered money for sex, but that certainly doesn't mean they have accepted it.

I think there is a growing trend - although I don't know if I'd use the word "trend" here - I think there is an increase in women who become escorts as a way to make money for college. I'm sure there are many other reasons as well - perhaps some are single parents trying to make ends meet, perhaps some are drug addicts, perhaps some just enjoy the anonymous encounters.

I didn’t mean to leave the men out – we all know there are male escorts as well.

In our culture, I think that a lot more attention has recently been placed on the sex industry. For example, just look at some of the programming on HBO – reality shows that feature the Bunny Ranch, or the show called Real Sex. I don’t think we would have seen this programming 15 years ago. Yes, prostitution is an old profession, but do you think this means that trading sex for money is becoming more prevalent in our society, or that people are just slowly growing more accepting of it?

message 38: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) I had a gay male friend who sold his "company" so that he wouldn't have to work a real job while he went to college. His parents paid his tuition but he did the "companion" thing for pocket money. He said most of his clients were older, married men. Some wanted sex, some just wanted oral sex, but most, he says, just wanted to talk and cuddle. They spent $500 to talk and cuddle.

I guess this is one of my biases, to borrow from another thread. If I had known this about my friend when I first met him, or if he was still doing it while I knew him, I wouldn't have been his friend. But I didn't find out until we'd already been friends for a couple of years and by then I knew he was a really great person who'd just made a really poor decision.

Does that make me judgmental or does that just mean I have high moral standards and want to be friends with people who have the same? Is there a difference? I dunno.

message 39: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

You know Sarah, I just want to say that I think it's admirable that, even though you were raised with some obviously very narrow moral strictures, that you keep your heart open and don't allow those biases to completely prevent you from, for instance, hanging out with gay men, or being fairly open about sexuality. I don't think it's wrong to have standards, or to be discerning, and I think it's a mark of your character that you are able to be friends with someone who you do not necessarily approve of all of their actions. I think Jesus was doing more than just 'converting' the people he hung out with. I think he recognized in them qualities that shone through, even if they were suffering or living dangerous lives. I think when we are able to accept people with their flaws and love them anyway, that is when grace is truly present.

message 40: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

PS... Perhaps we should ask Steve Mort about his insights into this thread... he is offering his stud services over in the 'biases' thread.

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Aw, Charissa, thanks for your kind words!

Yeah, Jesus' example was to love the sinner and hate their sin. That was kind of how I felt about this guy. I loved him to death but really hated that he put himself in such a situation (not least because he could have contracted who knows what from these men).

Also, it's kind of hard to be active in the arts and theatre communities without hanging out with gay men! Heh

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

and my salacious nature noted this post back up at the top
and my first thought was...i wonder if xio is going to let us know what she decided?

such a shame that her violation of my feelings and my indignation couldn't hold against my vile need to know the juicy details...

shall i tell you all about my moral dilemna and my crazy afternoon with the man who has me pondering said dilemna?

nah

message 43: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Big Pimpin' - Jay-Z

You know I thug 'em, fuck 'em, love 'em, leave 'em
Cause I don't fuckin' need 'em
Take 'em out the hood
Keep 'em looking good
But I don't fuckin' feed em
First time they fuss I'm breezin'
Talking 'bout what's the reasons
I'm a pimp in every sense of the word, bitch
Better trust and believe 'em
In a cut where I keep 'em
'Til I need a nut
'Til I need to be (in) the guts
The it's beep-beep and I'm pickin 'em up
Let 'em play with the dick in the truck
Many chicks wanna put Jigga fist incuffs
Divorce him and split his bucks
Just because you got good head
I'mma break bread
So you can be livin' it up
Shit I part's wit nothin
Y'all be frontin'
Me give my heart to a woman
Not for nothin' never happen'
I'll be forever mackin'
Heart cold as assassins, I got no passion
I got no patience and I hate waitin'
Hoe get your ass in

Chorus 1
And let's RI-I-I-I-I-IDE
Check 'em out now
RI-I-I-I-I-IDE
Yeah
And let's RI-I-I-I-I-IDE
Check em out now
RI-I-I-I-I-IDE
Yeah

Chorus 2
We doin' big pimpin, we spendin' cheese (Check 'em out now )
Big pimpin'
On B.L.A.P.'s
We doin' big pimpin' up in NYC
It's just that Jigga-man, Pimp-C and B.U.N.B.
Check em out now
(Repeat)

Hook 1
Nigga it's the big southern rappin pimp Presario
Coming straight up out the black bar-io (bar-rio)
Makes a Mil up off a sorry hoe
Then sit back and peep my scenario
Oops, my bad, that's my scenario
No I can't fuck a scary hoe
Now every time, every place, everywhere we go
Hoe's start pointing and say "There he go!"
Now these muthafuckas know we carry more heat than a little bit
We don't pull it out over little shit
And if you catch a lick when I spit, then it won't be a little hit
Go read a book you illiterate son of a bitch and step up your vocab
Don't be surprised if your hoe steps out wit' me
And you see us coming downon yo' slab
Livin' ghetto fabulous, so mad, you just can't take it
But nigga if you hate now, then you wait while
I get your bitch butt naked
Just break it
You gotta play like you ain't wet with two pairs of clothes on
Now get your ass to the back
As I fly to the track Timbaland let me spit my pro's on
Pump it up in the pro-zone
That's the track that we breaking these hoes on
Hate the track that we flow's on
But when the shit get's hot, then the glock start poppin' like ozone
We keep hoes crunk like Trigga-man
Who really don't get no bigger man
Don't trip, let's flip, then throw it on the flip
Then blow with the muthafuckin' Jigga-man
Fool

Chorus 2
We be big pimpin', spendin' cheese
We be big pimpin' on B.L.A.P.'s
We be big pimpin' down in PAT

Cause we be big pimpin', spendin' cheese
Nigga

Hook 2
Uh, smoky-eyed, torn up, keepin' it lit up in my cup
All my cars got leather and wood
In my hood, they call it buck
Everybody wanna ball, holla at broads at the mall
If he up, watch him fall
Nigga I can't fuck with y'all
If I wasn't rapping baby I would still be ridin' Mercedes
Chromin', shinin', sippin' daily
No rest until whitey pays me
Uh, now what y'all know bout them Texas boys
Comin' down in candied toys, smokin' weed and talkin' noise

Chorus 2
We be big pimpin', spendin' cheese
We be big pimpin' on B.L.AP.'s

Cause we be big pimpin', spendin' cheese
Nigga

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) Charissa, thanks for demonstrating so ably the reason I abhor rap.

message 45: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

LMAO!!!!!! Oh Sarah.... I just KNEW you would appreciate that. Oh man, it's a good thing we aren't sisters... I would totally torture you mercilessly. ; )

shellyindallas does anyone know what b.l.a.p.'s are, or where PAT is?

message 47: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony My street-level white boy Wisconsin ass (along with google and the urban dictionary) says that PAT means "Port Arthur, Texas".

I'm having a harder time with b.l.a.p. Some of the definitions are really gross. Trust me.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.