Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Northern Wastes (The Realm Rift Saga, #3)
This topic is about The Northern Wastes
Book Issues > Please assign book to my author page

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by James (new) - added it

James Kelly (jamestkelly) | 11 comments Hi, could this book please be added to my author page?

Thank you!

James T. Kelly

message 2: by Lais (new)

Lais | 187 comments Done, and created a series for The Realm Rift Saga. Do Books 1 and 2 need to be added to Goodreads still? Or are they also attributed to a wrong author or wrongly spelled version of your name?

message 3: by James (new) - added it

James Kelly (jamestkelly) | 11 comments Thank you!

Excellent question regarding the other books. They're on Goodreads but I just checked and they've got the wrong series name attached to them. I thought they would update, but they haven't.

The Fey Man
The Unquiet Sword

If you could edit those to be included in the series, that would be amazing.

message 4: by Lais (new)

Lais | 187 comments Oh, I see! The Realm Rift Saga is the correct name and The Fair Folk is incorrect, right? I'll move them to the Realm Rift Saga series, then. Would you like to add a description for the series? If so, just write it down here and I'll add it there.

message 5: by Lais (new)

Lais | 187 comments Here: https://www.goodreads.com/series/2709...

If it still shows the wrong name somewhere, it's just because it might take a little while to update.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42435 comments Mod
When a series name is changed after books are already published as part of it, those older editions keep the old series name in their title fields. The old series name should also be indicated on the series page.

Edits contrary to policy have been reverted.

Book 1 has a new cover, so I have added an alternate-cover edition with it.

message 7: by Lais (new)

Lais | 187 comments Ok, thanks for the clarification. I assumed the name was just incorrect.

message 8: by James (new) - added it

James Kelly (jamestkelly) | 11 comments Apologies for the confusion! In fact, Goodreads always had the series name slightly wrong but I never got around to addressing it 🙄 But thanks for getting this sorted.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42435 comments Mod
James wrote: "In fact, Goodreads always had the series name slightly wrong"

It's on the covers of several of the older editions.

message 10: by James (new) - added it

James Kelly (jamestkelly) | 11 comments In fairness, the covers say “the Fair Folk Series”. Not “the Fair Folk”. But I’m not blaming anyone for the error, other than perhaps me for not getting it resolved.