Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Crime drama/political thriller -79k

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeremy Kennett (last edited Sep 09, 2019 05:00AM) (new)

Jeremy Kennett | 10 comments Hi everyone, I've got a completed crime drama/political thriller at the third draft stage, looking for a critique swap. Happy to critique most genres, though sci fi, fantasy and political thrillers are the genres I know best. I have fifteen years experience in journalism, public relations and magazine editing, so am particularly good at helping people find the 'news angle' in their stories.

My novel, Joy, is a story about family, drugs, violence, crime and politics. It's about how the personal becomes political, and how the stubbornness of one person can end up changing the world, sometimes far more than they ever intended.

Looking forward to helping each other out!

message 2: by Jeremy Kennett (new)

Jeremy Kennett | 10 comments Hi James,

Actually that sounds great, I loved Roald Dahl growing up and while I haven't read many of the Marvel comics I like a good superhero story as much as the next person.

I'll send you a message.

Cheers,

Jeremy

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Shields Rand | 12 comments Hi Jeremy,
if you're looking for another critique swap I'd be interested. I have a polished manuscript that's complete at 96k. I don't have the background you do but I'm an avid reader of thriller, suspense, and mystery novels. My manuscript, WHAT SHE DID falls into the dark mystery genre. It's a police procedural involving a politician.
Mine is a bit longer than yours so if you're interested I would be happy to get your feedback on just 79k of it.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Jennifer Rand

message 4: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Lane (jrosebrookmaye) I'll be willing to read through your work if you read through mine. I am looking for big picture feedback but if you spot aanything glaring in my writing as ifyou're a reader at a bookstore. I would love for you to point that out using the comments feature in Microsoft Word. Are you comfortable in reading works using British English? If so, my book is labout an exiled, persecuted Christian living in Saudi Arabia who tries to reunite with the love with his life while a bounty is on his head. This book is a piece of literary fiction with crossover appeal. It has already been line-edited about three times, objectively. How many times have you edited your book?