What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Young adult - A book that involved a lost uncle who lived in a strange world, a kidnapped little brother becoming some sort of ruler and eating nothing but pudding and rose-colored glasses

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tyler (new)

Tyler (popgirlsetc) | 1 comments I have some real vague memories of this book as a kid and I can't remember much more than that. Any ideas?

message 2: by Florence (new)

Florence | 528 comments Sounds similar to one of the narnia books?

message 3: by Cassandra (last edited Sep 13, 2019 09:30AM) (new)

Cassandra | 43 comments How were the rose-colored glasses featured? Because you make it sound as though they were the other item in addition to pudding that the boy ate.

It actually kind of sounds more like L. Frank Baum's Queen Zixi of Ix, although that's a long shot.

message 4: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Sep 13, 2019 04:10PM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2070 comments Cassandra wrote: "How were the rose-colored glasses featured? Because you make it sound as though they were the other item in addition to pudding that the boy ate.

It actually kind of sounds more like L. Frank Baum..."

No mention of pudding or rose-colored classes in Queen Zixi of Ix: The Story of the Magic Cloak, as far as I could tell, but it's available at the Internet Archive in case you want to search more carefully.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19046 comments Still looking, Tyler?