Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > September 8th - September 15th

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Sheri  •°*”˜.•°*”˜ | 1477 comments Mod
Is crime, mysteries & thrillers your favorite genre? (we won't hold it against you if it isn't Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com)

message 2: by Marion (new)

Marion Mlodynia | 573 comments YES

Marion wrote: "YES"

Straight to the point Marion😊 . I think I like the true crime part of the genre best.

message 4: by Marion (new)

Marion Mlodynia | 573 comments I should have said "Mysteries and Thrillers" are my genre. Always!

message 5: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 194 comments Sheri, I have to confess as well as Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers I love classic books - especially those written in the Victorian era - Charles Dickens, Thomas Hardy etc.
I'm getting ready for Victober - the annual October readathon of Victorian literature hosted here on Goodreads. This will be the first year I have taken part. One of the challenges in Victober is to read something by candlelight. Maybe that would be good to do with a spooky mystery or thriller.
I promise, that I'll be back to CMT books in November.

Reading by candlelight would be fun with a group of friends.

I like all sorts of genres too but I'm like Marion too - I love mysteries.

message 7: by David (new)

David Freas (quillracer) | 2220 comments 1/ Mysteries
2/ Suspense/Thrillers
3/ Everything else.

message 8: by Barbara K (new)

Barbara K | 328 comments Mysteries and Thrillers are definitely at the top of my list, followed by well-written non-fiction (Erik Larson and Michael Lewis are great examples).

Barbara wrote: "Mysteries and Thrillers are definitely at the top of my list, followed by well-written non-fiction (Erik Larson and Michael Lewis are great examples)."

I very much like what I've read by Erik Larson.

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Corleone (michaelc1) Yes, most definitely. (I include a great deal of espionage literature in the thriller category.)

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (diggensjenny) Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers genre is one of my favourite genres. I also enjoy reading books in the Romantic Suspense genre.

Michael wrote: "Yes, most definitely. (I include a great deal of espionage literature in the thriller category.)"

Michael, me too.

Jenny wrote: "Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers genre is one of my favourite genres. I also enjoy reading books in the Romantic Suspense genre."

Well Jenny, I suppose Romantic Suspense can include crime, mysteries and most certainly a thrill or two.